Columbia, SC, United States
| ID: REQ-10120
USA, Columbia, SC
Job Posting Title
As a Robotics Engineer, you will provide technical expertise for robotic applications to ensure product quality and continuous improvement to the manufacturing processes. The position is responsible for programming and troubleshooting Allen Bradley PLCs and Fanuc Robots. Robotic applications include pick and place, welding, and encoders.
What you will Do
- Maintains robots in working order, from set-up, programming, installing, and debugging Install, program, or repair programmable controllers, robot controllers, end-of-arm tools, or conveyors.
- Maintain service records of robotic equipment or automated production systems.
- Perform preventive or corrective maintenance on robotic systems or components.
- Perform on-call emergency repairs of robotic system equipment as necessary.
- Perform robot program changes such as logic, software, and path alterations through either off-line or on-line methodology.
- Provide robot-specific or systems training in an informal environment to facility as required.
- Troubleshoots process problems and monitors equipment to identify potential errors.
- Develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of errors.
- Improves cycle time and throughput by adjusting robot path or functions.
- Assists in the integration, start-up, and debugging of plant floor equipment.
- Provides support in the analysis and resolution of robotic welding failures.
- Installs and configures appropriate hardware and software options.
- Performs electrical diagnosis and recommends repair, or repairs as needed
- Support Operations Manager by identifying and implementing safety-related corrective actions and improvements for the area.
- Assist with action item completion for the area's safety action item list, including corrective actions from near misses, accident reports & ergo assessments.
- Update any inefficiencies in lock out tag out (LOTO) and attend annual training sessions.
- Active participant in the development of the Manufacturing Control Plan and ensure it is adhered to within the production area.
- Maintain process-level standards/procedures.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders to quickly address, identify root cause and solve production line issues (i.e. Operations, Safety, Quality).
- Engage in and lead problem-solving for production area. Lead root cause identification of problems, implement appropriate countermeasures, and share across as best practice.
- Support the Team and Business Leaders in the planning and execution of continuous improvement method.
- Coordinate with Engineers on equipment purchases & qualification.
- Interact with Design Engineers/Technology organization on model changes for manufacturing line set up.
- Review machine cells and concepts for operations.
- Provide feedback to the NPI team on capacity, impact on operator, and process stability/sustainability.
- Interface with vendors and OEM suppliers to learn maintenance requirements and equipment troubleshooting. Distribute information and knowledge.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical field, or equivalent education & experience.
- Must have relevant robotics and controls experience with electrical automated manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Experience in PLC distributed I/O, and servo motor controls.
- Solid verbal/written communication skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills - high proficiency in Microsoft products with the ability to grasp new systems quickly.
- Strong project management and analytical/problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to scope and analyze cross-functional problems to generate/implement solutions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, based on business need.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment with both hourly and salary personnel to meet the needs of operators, the program, and the business.
- High initiative, self-starter, proactive, dedicated, results oriented.
- Ability and willingness to mentor, teach, and develop others in robotic applications.
- Expertise and/or working knowledge of Fanuc Robotics
- Experience working with welding robots and seam tracking.
- Experience in lean manufacturing practices.
- Project Management skills.
- Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds.
- Working in the manufacturing environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, work shoes/boots.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Travel may be required for domestic and/or international travel to other sites/plants, etc.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social