USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Financial Analyst - Digital Technology
The Senior Financial Analyst – Digital Technology (DT) reports to the Senior Finance Director for Technology, Digital Technology and Microenterprises. The role is responsible for reporting simplification, forecasting, and supporting the Operating and Finance teams in order to improve overall profitability and efficiency of the DT Organization.
What you will Do
· Support cross-functional analysis working to improve overall function’s cost.
· Own DT estimates and process for short term planning, long term planning, and budgeting processes working closely with functions and DT leaders.
· Partner with Group FP&A team to ensure necessary closing activities, adjustments and accruals are made at the business level to support the DT function.
· Own the DT function’s profitability reporting and analysis
· Drive connectivity/alignment between Commercial, Technology and Supply Chain functions in all things DT related.
· Provide support to Operating/Finance team on key initiatives/ad hoc reporting
· Champion for process improvement including reporting simplification and automation and forecasting accuracy across the DT function.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in corporate finance
- Proficiency in Communication Ability (Articulates financial concepts and information through verbal and written communication skills. Understands the audience to create presentations, proposals, emails, and meetings to demonstrate an idea or solution in a clear and concise manner.
- Developing in Controllership/Risk Management (Builds strong processes and provides inputs to align business projects and transactions with internal controls framework, accounting policies, related disclosures, and compliance policies. Ensures that potential risks are identified and mitigated and escalates issues that exceed risk tolerance.)
- Proficiency in Financial Management (Builds reliable and accurate financial statements, forecasts, and models to provide the business with the best information to make decisions, prioritize, solve problems, and drive strategy. Leverage’s knowledge of financial/accounting and business expertise.)
- Proficiency in Operational Execution (Develops, executes, and optimizes best-in-class processes that enhance the business’ ability to deliver on leading goals.)
- Proficiency in Business Partnership (Supports, strategizes, challenges, and drives the right business decisions with an independent view while serving as trusted advisors and valued members within the Finance organization and our cross functional partners to enable growth.)
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.