USA, Louisville, KY
USA, Atlanta, GA, USA, Columbus, OH, USA, Indianapolis, IN, USA, Nashville, TN
Job Posting Title
Director for Digital Technology Infrastructure Operations (Remote)
The Director, Digital Technology Infrastructure Operations is responsible for driving operational excellence for GEA’s IT Infrastructure and on-premises Data Center operations. This role provides inputs into the overall strategy of Infrastructure and plays a pivotal role in the lifecycle management of Infrastructure. This role manages the overall business relationship with managed service providers (MSP) and on-premises Data Centers. Oversees MSP activities and ensures contract adherence, budget and management. Responsible for defining operational strategy and process improvement as well as timely resolution of issues.
What you will Do
Provide leadership and oversight to GE Appliances infrastructure operations (75%).
- Establish the mission, vision, and strategy of the Infrastructure Operations organization to maximize the success of business and IT enterprise initiatives.
- Drive infrastructure operational excellence by ensuring Managed Services Providers (MSP) execute defined standard operating procedures (SOP), adhere to contractual obligations, and implement new SOP’s/ and service level agreements (SLA) in alignment with our business strategy.
- Manage respective budgets and identify opportunities to control costs without sacrificing the quality of service.
- Provide oversight for the data center operations, including facilities management, while ensuring data center maintenance and safety protocols.
- Drive timely resolution to issues that impact business operations, determine root cause and implement remediations to prevent the issue from reoccurring.
- Partner with the DT Governance and Security teams to ensure infrastructure procedures are in alignment with security policies and consistently followed to prevent GEA from cyber threats. Provide outstanding team leadership as the threat landscape continues to evolve.
- Collaborate with DT lifecycle management to ensure appropriate new, refresh & obsolescence of technologies.
- Partner with other DT Leaders to ensure the success of DT initiatives, provide input into infrastructure strategy and enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in the achievement of business goals.
- Own the infrastructure change management processes and ensure the proactive health of our infrastructure is maintained.
- Ensure infrastructure is maintained at the right patch set levels and evaluate vulnerability impact.
- Work proactively to retool MSP team as we change infrastructure tools efficiently.
- Partner with DT leaders to provide visibility to metrics and advise on needed infrastructure health and remediation efforts.
- Facilitate processes to drive consistent results for upgrades and migrations.
- Introduce innovative, differentiating infrastructure and operations capabilities that enhance overall competitive capabilities and employee productivity.
- Work with the DT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget(s) and on-premises Data Center.
- Ensure operational mechanisms like redundancy, disaster recovery, backups, etc. are in-place to ensure business continuity.
- Drive the adoption of (and commitment towards) service improvements.
- Serve on IT planning and policymaking committees; drive the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics.
Provide outstanding team leadership (25%)
- Ensure team members are executing to GE Appliances’ strategy and developing technical solutions that support the business’ growth goals
- Ensure that the organization has the required skills and capabilities within the IT Operations domain.
- Provide leadership, coaching, support, and development opportunities to develop a strong team. Develop and ensure employee capability through performance management processes, talent reviews, training and development and effective staffing decisions.
- Lead a diverse team of full-time and contract technology professionals.
- levels by providing challenging assignments, timely feedback and clear direction.
- Ensure clear goals & objectives for each team, as well as individual growth plans aligned to the DT strategy.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 10 years of prior relevant experience in roles of increasing responsibility within Infrastructure operations, including virtualization, storage technologies, networking, security, on-premises data centers, public & private cloud.
- 5 years of overall multi-generational compute and storage experience.
- 5 years of Help Desk and Desktop management.
- Experience with network operations for a multi-site manufacturing company.
- 5 years of Managed Services experience in a managerial capacity.
- Understands and operates at an enterprise-wide level; aligns priorities with broader goals, measures outcomes – metrics driven, uses feedback to change as needed, evaluates alternatives, solutions- oriented, seeks alternatives and broad input; can see connections within complex issues.
- Strong ability to influence and guide executive-level managers and reconcile, integrate competing interests.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, interpreting business needs, developing creative solutions and inspiring others to meet stretch goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead teams, projects and large initiatives with a great level of confidence while always demonstrating diplomacy, courtesy and respect.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both written and oral, and to a wide variety of technical and non-technical individuals or groups.
- Can translate ideas into actionable requirements and hold all levels of the organization accountable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and business needs.
- Proven ability to effectively utilize and partner with teams (including contractors) from globally remote locations.
- Master's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 10 years’ experience operating at a senior-level role in Information Technology infrastructure operations.
- Hands-on experience with servers, desktops, networks, virtualization technologies to enable stable technology operation in a manufacturing plants environment.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.