1. High school equivalent knowledge in mathematics, reading comprehension, and reasoning as well as high school diploma or GED.
2. Must read, write, and follow written instructions.
3. Ability to perform duties within a prescribed time limit.
4. Finish metal parts to within tolerances of .015” to 1/32” as specified.
5. Ability to use and interpret calipers (dial or digital) and an angle gauge. These items are essential to perform job functions.
6. Move and store parts in the most efficient manner to minimize storage space and damage from handling.
7. Requires wearing safety glasses, gloves and armguards while observing all safety rules for areas.
8. Physical demands of the position include: Frequent handling and lifting of parts and equipment; constant reaching at waist level; frequent sitting, standing, reaching overhead, bending, pushing/pulling, grasping, pinching, and neck flexion; occasional, walking, reaching at shoulder level, reaching at knee and floor level, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, crawling, climbing stairs/ladders, pivoting, twisting, fine motor dexterity, neck extension/rotation, and shoulder circumduction. Handling, lifting, and carrying parts/equipment – minimum of 59 lbs. lifting/carrying and 20 lbs. pushing/pulling.
9. Ability to work with parts which may be hot and/or wet.
10. Ability to work in loud or noisy environment.
11. Perform associated and other duties as required.
12. Requires working with hazardous chemicals.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.