Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-10323
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
The Facilities Engineer will provide dedicated expertise in engineering, configuring, and operating Technology labs’ infrastructure, electrical systems, mechanical systems, and fire alarm/life safety systems
What you will Do
- Provide dedicated expertise in engineering, configuring, and operating Technology labs’ infrastructure, electrical systems, mechanical systems, and fire alarm/life safety systems
- Provide a Technology infrastructure engineering solution by investigating requirements, writing Scope of Work (SOW), producing cost estimates and specifications on Technology lab infrastructure systems
- Serve as technical point of contact and maintenance support for project design reviews, construction support, system commissioning, technical review of documents, and strategic infrastructure planning assessments
- Work hands on with equipment to optimize chamber operations, troubleshoot issues and improve 3rd party correlation.
- Perform tasks related to overall management and operations of facilities/infrastructure equipment, maintenance/repair, and construction
- Apply engineering knowledge to assess current systems and provide engineering solutions to reduce risk and improve reliability and operational capabilities
- Support after hours emergency response
Standards And Compliance
- Ensure all equipment executed in GEA laboratories comply with Industry and Governmental Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) standards.
- Utilize Human Organizational Performance (HOP) principles to ensure that all equipment / processes are implemented with the health and safety of the operators in mind.
- Ensure conditions, equipment and processes comply with ISO 17025
Cross-functional Work And Leadership
- Work with lab managers, regulatory engineers, and engineering technicians to understand what test conditions need to be maintained, what data needs to be collected and accuracy requirements are met.
What you need to Succeed
- BS degree or greater in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering with 3 years of professional experience and/or equivalent experience and education
- Technical writing and communication skills
- Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD or other drafting programs)
- Microsoft Office Software experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings
- HVAC/refrigeration systems design experience
- Prior experience industrial process instrumentation and controls including pressure regulators, flow meters, dampers & flow control valves, safety shut off valves, sealed systems, and humidity generators.
- Proficiency programming industrial equipment such as Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000, Siemens S7/TIA Portal, HMI/GUI, or Ethernet IP
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and other building code standards
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with skilled trades personnel
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing laboratory environment.
- Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
- These roles will require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Hours & Weekends: available to respond to calls from maintenance.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social