Robotic Tech - 1st Shift
Columbia, SC, United States
| Manufacturing (Group)
| ID: REQ-10331
USA, Columbia, SC
Job Posting Title
Robotic Tech - 1st Shift
The Robotic Technician will report to the Technical Leader of the facility and have responsibilities in robotic troubleshooting, repair, and touch-up programming. In this role, Robotic Technicians will perform scheduled, preventative. and emergency maintenance tasks and projects as assigned by the Technical Leader
GE pays for uniforms/steel toed shoes. Paid Parental Leave, PTO/Vacation.
Benefits from day one.
$500.00 Sign on bonus
What you will Do
Essential results-based duties
- Maintains robots in working order, from set-up, programming, installing, and debugging Install, program, or repair programmable controllers, robot controllers, end-of-arm tools, or conveyors.
- Develop and maintain standard work around specified equipment usage.
- Maintain service records of robotic equipment or automated production systems.
- Modify computer-controlled robot movements.
- Perform preventive or corrective maintenance on robotic systems or components.
- Perform on-call emergency repairs of robotic system equipment as necessary
- Perform robot program changes such as logic, software, and path alterations through either off-line or on-line methodology.
- Provide robot-specific or systems training in an informal environment to facility as required.
- Provide feedback to management on resolution of current issues.
- Programs inputs/outputs.
- Troubleshoots process problems and monitors equipment to identify potential errors.
- Develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of errors.
- Improves cycle time and throughput by adjusting robot path or functions.
- Assists in the integration, start-up and debugging of plant floor equipment.
- Provides support in the analysis and resolution of welding failures.
- Installs and configures appropriate hardware and software options.
- Performs electrical diagnosis and recommends repair, or repairs as needed
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Technical Leader.
- Support projects to improve processes and address corrective actions.
- Operate in a LEAN manufacturing environment and strive to suggest process improvements
- Identify quality issues and troubleshoot to resolution with production team.
- Proper communication in pre-shift and end-of-shift meetings, including accurate documentation.
What you need to Succeed
- Associates Degree and minimum 6 months of experience troubleshooting and set-up of robotic equipment or 3 years’ experience in lieu of degree
- Mechanical aptitude – ability to understand basic mechanical concepts and relationships
- Servo motor experience
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literate.
- Candidate must possess the interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and lead in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Positive work ethic and attitude; willingness to learn and meet expectations of the various assignments
- Dependability; demonstrate and maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- High School Diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution
- Expertise and/or working knowledge of Fanuc Robotics
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Physical working conditions:
- Wear safety attire or proper PPE daily
- Usually work indoors. All areas may not be temperature controlled
- Physical demands of the position include: Bending, stooping, twisting, lifting/carrying, pushing/pulling Handling and lifting of parts or materials – minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime on an as-needed basis
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social