Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-10369
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Join the GE Appliances Smart Home Solutions team and help develop Android applications for mobile devices and next generation of high end, consumer friendly, appliances. The Senior Android Developer will contribute to an international team of developers working in an Agile development environment to define and develop feature rich applications for smart products.
What you will Do
- Design and develop advanced applications for the Android platform
- Develop and maintain software for Android applications.
- Ensure Software Development Process is followed, and appropriate documentation produced
- Work in a cross-functional team to architect full end-to-end smart appliance solutions
- Develop detailed design and test specifications.
- Work closely with platform leaders, product line design teams, industrial designers, and web teams to define new feature rich applications.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- B.S. Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3 Years Android Application Development
- Knowledge of Android Operating System fundamentals
- Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs, mockups to build functional, high-performance Android applications
- Experience with formal software development process (such as Agile)
- Knowledge of Software Development Tools & software languages: Java
- Knowledgeable of theory and use of Test-driven Development (TDD)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools; git
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration
Location: Louisville, KY
What you need to Succeed
- Knowledge of responsive app design principles
- Android lifecycles using LiveData and Observer classes to create MVVM development patterns.
- Strong project planning and project leadership skills and experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Experience working with global software development team
- Experience using simulators and software analysis tools.
- Experience with Automation Testing
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social