Occupational Health RN (1st Shift)
LaFayette, GA, United States
| Human Resources
| ID: REQ-10380
USA, LaFayette, GA
Job Posting Title
Occupational Health RN (1st Shift)
GE Appliances is currently hiring for 1st Shift Occupational Health RNs in Lafayette, GA
What you will Do
- Provide initial assessment of on the job injuries & illnesses and refers for further evaluation as necessary. Initial assessment documentation and medical case record initiation in EMR/Gensuite.
- Provide direct care, including treatment of occupational injuries & illnesses and business international travel readiness using established medical protocols.
- Coordinate & provide for the appropriate care, treatment, and follow-up work-related health events based on knowledge of the specific work environment.
- Assess non-occupational illnesses occurring at work, determines the need for immediacy of treatment, and gives guidance to seek care from personal health care providers.
- Provide counseling of employee mental health issues and appropriately refer and utilize EAP services.
- Perform health screenings / health assessments and completes all follow-up procedures, trending and program evaluation.
- Provide health-related counseling for employees within the scope of nursing knowledge and practice.
- Maintain & safeguard confidentiality of employee health information and health records.
- Conduct workplace assessments regarding health issues and exposure follow-up.
- Provide occupational health surveillance testing including pulmonary function testing, audiometric testing, vision screening, and other testing as appropriate on employees identified by EHS and industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Assist with implementation of health promotion strategies including group & individual health education activities.
- Provide case management of all STD/SC, LTD and WC cases and follow-up through return to work, restricted duty, transitional work to regular duty. Utilize web-based systems to report and manage all cases.
- Participate in safety, HR and other plant meetings regarding medical, health and wellness, plant healthcare costs, emergency response and other objectives.
- Provide site-specific programs (i.e. Health and Wellness Programs) as indicated by medical direction.
- Site-specific reporting/auditing (i.e. GEA Scorecard, etc.).
- Collaborates with EHS to perform Health & Safety Framework element(s), Power audits as they relate to medical activities, and participate in corporate and business level conference calls and e-Learning sessions.
- Coordinates training and medical response drills for First Aid Responders: First Aid, CPR/AED and Bloodborne pathogens.
- Covid-19 response collaborating with team to manage exposures and positive cases for employees, contractors, customers and visitors. Manage quarantine/isolation, as needed.
- Perform Contact Tracing and case management of the potential Covid-19 workplace exposure cases, including quarantine/isolation through to return to work, as needed.
- Collaborate with HR, Plant Operations and EHS to carry out Covid-19 workplace exposure investigations providing support as needed through-out the identification of work-place exposures, contact tracing, return to work, etc.
What you need to Succeed
- Baccalaureate (PREFERRED) or Associate degree in nursing
- Certification in occupational health nursing preferred (COHN, COHN-S)
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the state(s) of employment & practice
- Three (3) or more years nursing experience preferred
- Experience in occupational health, community health, ambulatory care, critical care, or emergency nursing preferred
- Knowledge of case management, workers’ compensation, and government (OSHA) regulations & additional education appropriate to the work setting, e.g., pulmonary function testing, hearing conservation (CAOHC)
- AED/CPR Healthcare provider
- Ability to make independent nursing judgments, solve problems, and prioritize workload.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Maintain a professional & friendly attitude with all levels of the workforce.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) required
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social