Principal Field Quality Engineer
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-10411
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Principal Field Quality Engineer
The Principal Field Quality Engineer serves as the product quality liaison between the plant quality team and all other functions (Service, Product Management, Technology, Operations, Distribution). The Principle FQE owns the Service Call (SCR) data for the site and provides insight and visibility to customer issues, helping the overall quality team resolve and prevent quality issues.
What you will Do
- Track and communicate overall performance of the product in the field by measuring Concessions, Damage, Warranty and Insurance by subsystem/area.
- Analyze trends and work with Quality Subsystem Leaders (QSLs) to provide detailed data, parts, units to understand root cause and corrective actions
- Facilitate the communication of customer concerns, issues, and trends to all functions, including the shop floor
- Analyze SCR data daily and COQ data weekly. Escalate issues as necessary. Track issue resolution and verify effectiveness.
- Run and monitor data through hazard plots.
- Monitor calls after issue resolution to verify issues were resolved
- Own field data collection, analysis and communication to QSL team.
- Own MCP for overall product quality including CAT, CUT, EOLA noise, etc. Develop & maintain procedures. Manage finished product audit process. Analyze data & communicate issues/trends to the QSL team.
- Develop and maintain case base reasoning for Save the Call. Own Save the Call performance, CBR, and call taker training to improve save rates; develop content for customer education videos and web-based information
- Manage all Quality Holds from issuance to resolution. Define and carry out timely execution.
- Reconcile data between Quality Hold and Product Deployment systems.
- Communicate status of Quality Holds weekly to Product Management, Distribution, and Quality
- Define efficient quality rework procedures. Coordinate resources and equipment and execute reworks.
- Advise/recommend rework procedure, method required resources
- Develop and gain approval of rework plans
- Coordinate execution of rework plans
- Coordinate actions/repairs in ADCs, containment in plant
- Manage and drive continuous improvement to ADC rework costs
- Communicate result of implementation
- Verify results of implementation
- Key liaison for factory contact with Field Service Techs, TAG, and Customer Relations on issues related to our product. Assists in the creation and implementation of Service Bulletins.
What you need to Succeed
- High initiative, self-starter, proactive, dedicated, results-oriented, a team player.
- Strong project management and analytical/problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to scope and analyze cross-functional problems to generate/implement solutions.
- Advanced computer skills - high proficiency in Microsoft products (especially Excel) and ability to grasp new systems quickly
- Solid verbal/written communication skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to influence and drive change
- Minimum of 7 years recent experience gained in a high volume manufacturing/operations, or quality role.
- Six Sigma training / Green Belt Certification.
- Detailed knowledge of SAS warranty analytics tool.
- BS Technical degree or comparable experience required.
- Experience with GEA appliance product quality tools (SAS, hazard plots, Weibull/reliability curves, failure rates)
- Quality Leadership Experience
- Knowledge of ISO9001-20015 certification,
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Experience & training in lean manufacturing practices.
- Knowledge of highly automated Appliances, automotive components or similar high volume, low mix manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Travel to suppliers and other manufacturing and distribution locations as needed.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social