Quality Floor Leader (3rd Shift)
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-10515
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Quality Floor Leader (3rd Shift)
The Quality Floor Leader owns the plant quality metrics, which includes Quality Yield, SCR, OGR, Scrap and the Quality Compliance Plan. Management of the End-Of-Line Audit process and rate, evaluating and escalating issues as needed. Responsible for executing the Plant Quality Strategy through management of Quality Analysts covering multiple production areas.
What you will Do
- Live, promote and teach the Appliance Production System philosophy and drive continuous improvement in the technical process areas.
- Lead & direct hourly Quality Analysts to ensure compliance of the Quality Plan. Ensure processes and testing are performed according to the Manufacture Control Plans and data is collected as prescribed.
- Monitor quality yield and repair data/reports to assess trends (particularly negative) and significant or abnormal changes; drive resolution of factory driven issues with responsible owners to improve first pass quality yields.
- Respond to alerts driven by factory non-compliance or levels of parts being rejected or replaced - investigate root cause to ultimately reduce scrap.
- Supervise employees by partnering with site Human Resources team to ensure fair and consistent administration of policies and processes.
- Create and update standardized work for Quality roles which includes but is not limited to: Manufacturing Control Plans (MCPs), Manufacturing Control Instructions (MCIs), and Forms (FRMs).
- Support Quality Leaders, Process Improvement Engineers, Business Leaders and Area Business Leaders on resolution of quality issues, repair standards and containment as needed.
- Make timely decisions on quality standards and deploy preventative measures as required.
- Analyze various quality reports to make sure they’re entered on time and correctly, identify things that need to be addressed. Provide technical support and guidance to troubleshoot, analyze and drive actions to improve process yields and reduce scrap using lean processes.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree with problem solving experience.
- Solid verbal/written communication skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and analytical/problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to scope and analyze cross-functional problems to generate/implement solutions
- Computer proficiency and skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- High initiative, self-starter, proactive, dedicated, results oriented, and a team player
- Six Sigma Certified
- Quality leadership experience
- Experience & training in lean manufacturing practices
- Experience in appliance or similar high-volume manufacturing processes
- Experience in leading union based employees
- High-volume manufacturing environment.
- This environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to eye safety glasses, hearing protecting, work boots, and hardhats.
- This role will require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Travel is limited but trips to other manufacturing locations, may be scheduled.
- This position is in AP5, Louisville, KY.
- Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends may be required.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social