USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Media Planner/Buyer
At GE Appliances we are built on the purpose to enable happiness and wellbeing in every home. We are focused on building a robust, innovative House of Brands enabling us to achieve expansive growth. Our organization has incredible momentum, with accelerating sales growth in recent years.
GE Appliances is seeking an experienced media planner and buyer who is skilled at providing planning and buying advertising placements – specifically focused on digital media but who has some broadcast, out-of-home (OOH), radio, search and print experience. The Senior Media Planner/Buyer is responsible for the oversight and efficient/effective spending of targeted market media budgets within the programmatic display, native, digital video, sponsorship, and traditional channels. They must be an effective negotiator and critical thinker; someone who can establish trust and build rapport with internal stakeholders and media professionals.
You will be our in-house professional responsible for creating media mixes, securing approvals, placing ads, optimizing campaigns, and reporting results.
What you will Do
- Establish metrics to align with business objectives optimize KPIs. Provide leadership on content creativity and engagement, from developing of a strategic plan to tactical execution.
- Develop media plans and mixes that properly invest media dollars on the correct platforms and at the right amounts to meet advertising objectives (i.e., CTR, reach, impressions, etc.).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teammates on identifying target audiences, directing advertising to those personas via the right channels/outlets.
- Negotiate placement and work with vendors to place the ads.
- Optimize campaigns, directing budgets to the platforms and ads driving the desired results.
- Provide feedback on the ads making substantive recommendations on new creative or copy to improve results.
- Create ad campaign reports (e.g., weekly, monthly, end of campaign reports) with actionable insights.
- Justifies the investment strategy within all media plans by leveraging advanced reporting metrics and technologies/tools, producing multi-channel insights in collaboration with the in-house web analytics team.
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 5 years of Marketing/Media experience to include planning, executing, and analyzing media campaigns
- Strong understanding of media buying and planning and able to execute all aspects of campaign management
- Must have experience in leveraging advance media measurement tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders and within a matrixed organization
- Availability for alternative work schedules when needed, particularly when unpredictable and urgent situations arise
- Expertise in analyzing data and identifying key data points to drive impactful decision-making
- Managing complex paid media/paid social campaigns across multiple brands and partnerships
- Proven experience in building and sustaining strong relationships with peer groups and agencies
- Project management and team leadership skills
- Ability to review and accurately assess data and calculate risks; use data to produce actionable insights and articulate needs.
- Strong business acumen which demonstrates current knowledge and trends
- Collaborative and effectively works through conflict
- Prior budget management experience
- Inspires and contributes to a culture of inclusion and respect
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.