Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-10540
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer provides ideas, technical support, project/program management, and expertise to Plant Operations across multiple shifts. This engineer supports activities related to chronic equipment/process problem solving, equipment troubleshooting, Overall Equipment Effectiveness improvement, equipment specification, and Total Productive Maintenance. Develops and implement strategies / projects to improve reliability and cost performance for assigned Value Stream. The Senior ME will provide overall leadership and direction for an AP5 Value Stream.
What you will Do
- Lead the Manufacturing Engineering efforts for an AP5 Value Stream. Partner with a Business Leader to Solve Problems and Improve assigned Value Stream.
- Lead/support all Safety/Quality/Delivery/Productivity (SQDP) Projects for assigned Value Stream.
- Provide daily technical/troubleshooting support on larger issues for AP5 Production Equipment/Plant Facility Systems.
- Own information sharing & prioritization across assigned areas and shifts to ensure that adjacent members of the equipment escalation team are provided with correct and timely information.
- Communicate Project/Equipment status with the Production Team.
- Identify chronic/repetitive problems and drive equipment/process solutions to increase Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). Develop and present projects and programs to drive OEE increases.
- Plan and implement the larger, significant equipment projects/repairs.
- Plan shutdown activities for assigned Value Stream to support SQDP efforts.
- Collect, analyze, and present weekly summaries of key drivers of down-time, including actions taken to resolve.
- Support Total Productive Maintenance for AP5 Value Stream.
- Conduct investigations of critical failures and report findings.
- Work with the Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (AME) efforts to ensure specifications are technically complete and support overall equipment strategies.
Support as required:
- Equipment design and specification development
- Planning for integration into operations.
- Support the installation, debug and programming of equipment.
What you need to Succeed
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes with demonstrated technical ability.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Strong leadership skills including interpersonal, facilitation, communication and team building skills.
- Proven Analytic and Technical Skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid Computer skills
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent discipline
- Previous Production Supervisory Experience and/or experience working directly with Production Operations and Operators
- Proven Manufacturing Engineering/Facility Engineering Skillset
- Project Engineering Expertise
- Self-motivated - ability to balance multiple priorities and effectively determine level of responsiveness and resource allocation
- Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social