Application Engineer - VRF
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-10620
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Application Engineer - VRF
The Application Engineer - VRF supports the sales-and-applications aspects of the Haier VRF product lineup. Through cross functional relationships with Sales, Technology, Service, factory engineers, this role will ensure end-to-end support, including system application & design, product selection, and overall sales-enablement activities to ensure the best competitive positioning for GEA and GEA’s channel partners. This role places particular importance on the ability to translate technical research results into consumable content for internal and external audiences. This position is located at Appliance Park in Louisville, Kentucky, reporting to the Director, Product Management - VRF.
What you will Do
- Assist with the development of content for, and conduct, sales & application training presentations for a variety of internal and external customers.
- Provide technical expertise in the creation and review of catalogs, brochures, submittals, guide specifications, engineering manuals etc.
- Assist the commercial team by providing a technical-marketing focus for the creation of product marketing content, including product fliers, catalogs, cutsheets, website content, etc.
- Assist with identifying needs for, and developing, white papers and application notes for use by internal and external customers.
- Work with GEA channel partners, and indirect customers such as design engineers, Architects, General Contractors and Builders to make sure the VRF product is properly applied, including evaluating VRF layouts on mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Use building plans or other customer supplied information to recommend equipment selection, including indoor unit type and capacity sizing, heat pump vs. heat recovery, ideal connection ratio, controls options, and application limits/capabilities.
- Act as subject-matter-expert (SME) for the VRF selection software tool. This includes providing support to internal and external selection tool users, preparing training and reference materials for internal and external users, and managing the selection tool user registration/user management processes.
- The SME will also act as the main point-of-contact with the factory software developers with respect to testing NPI products, as well as identifying and recommending software feature improvements for an improved user experience.
- Review and respond to VRF-related inquiries from engineers, contractors, architects, building owners, and GEA sales channel partners, from e-mail, internet and phone.
- Research and interpret, with respect to VRF product, code and regulations (C&Rs) requirements for national, state, and local C&Rs, and provide guidance to internal and external customers related to the impacts of applicable C&Rs on the design and application of VRF systems. (example – Methods of Compliance With ASHRAE 62.1 when apply Haier MRV)
- Develop and maintain a summary of competitive product features and capabilities for use in shaping new product introductions, as well as assisting GEA sales and sales channel partners in project discussions with engineers, contractors, and building owners.
- Provide product-related support and guidance for various 3rd party development tools, such as providing guidance to internal and external customers on industry best-practices for energy modeling simulations of VRF systems, and acting as product SME for reviewing BIM object content.
What you need to Succeed
- BS degree from an accredited university or college. Engineering related or Engineering Technology related degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the commercial HVAC industry
- Exceptional interpersonal/written communication skills; can effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Highly effective at facilitating presentations; must be capable of “telling the story” for internal and external customers
- Comfortable presenting to and engaging with a technical audience including engineers, distributors and contractors.
- Great knowledge of product/feature, product details/operation, strategic application and positioning
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical and architectural blueprints, specifications and HVAC equipment submittal data
- Strong problem-solver with a passion for training and customer support.
- Self-motivated and curious, you take initiative and own your deliverables
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude, high energy level, and exceptional sense of urgency
- Strong computer skills, including PowerPoint presentations & Microsoft Office Suite.
- VRF or DFS experience highly desired
- Technical experience in product applications, ductless split and VRF (variable refrigerant flow) background is a plus
- Understanding of energy modeling software is a plus
- HVAC industry experience preferred
- Previous technical product marketing experience
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social