This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Field Quality Engineer
As the Field Quality Engineer for RAC & HVAC, you will lead/drive quality efforts for assigned product lines. Working directly with OEM suppliers, Customer Relations, Field Service technicians, and GEA cross functional teams, you will work to improve the customer ownership experience and resolve field quality issues. You will also drive efforts to improve product performance through involvement in the New Product Introduction (“NPI”) program development and implementations.
What you will Do
- Serve as a key resource for the assigned product lines managing all aspects of the field quality process coordinating efforts with suppliers and GEA cross functional teams globally
- Lead and communicate overall performance of the product in the field by measuring Concessions, Damage, Warranty, and Insurance by product line
- Lead the product return process for selected product lines, ensuring product and part autopsies are completed on a timely basis and providing initial justification for suppliers
- Coordinate execution of inspection and rework defective products and ensure proper deviation procedures are followed
- Work with the suppliers and their sub-tier suppliers to identify field issues, initiate containment actions, drive to root cause, and implement sustainable corrective actions
- Work directly with Customer Relations teams to quickly resolve issues and improve the overall ownership experience
- Work with technicians at third party return centers to fully understand field returns, improve user experiences, and remove obstacles in providing a world class ownership experience
- Work directly with Distribution and Product Damage teams to identify key contributors to product damage and implement sustainable corrective actions
- Work directly with the Quality Manager to identify key drivers of Cost of Quality metrics (warranty, damage, concessions, customer education and installation) and run projects to drive improvements
- Set up new data streams and analyze data from non-traditional sources by product line
- Serve as a quality point person for New Product Implementation (NPI) programs affecting assigned products to meet goals for safety, quality, delivery, and cost
- Travel to suppliers and other manufacturing and distribution locations as needed
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related discipline OR equivalent 5 years’ hands on technical experience in field quality disciplines
- 5+ years of experience with Supplier Quality/Manufacturing quality/NPI quality projects and process improvement
- High initiative, self-starter, proactive, dedicated, results-oriented, a team player
- Experience interpreting data to solve problems associated with high volume, short cycle manufacturing of consumer products.
- Ability to work within large cross-functional teams and at multiple levels in the organization (both salaried and shop floor operators / skilled trades team members).
- Detailed knowledge of SAS warranty analytics tool
- Six Sigma Certified
- Solid verbal/written communication skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in development or sustaining of instrumented electromechanical equipment.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills Technical Degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate and skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience working with DFS or HVAC products in a technical, manufacturing or quality role
- Experience working with customer relations teams and field service technicians
- Proven ability to simplify complex information and concisely prepare executive summaries
- Experience analyzing Field Quality data
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.