USA, Los Angeles, CA
Job Posting Title
Senior Manager, Consumer Service - Los Angeles,CA
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
We are seeking a Senior Consumer Service Manager (CSM) to lead a team of approximately 30 major appliance repair technicians dispersed throughout the Greater Los Angeles area (Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Riverside counties). This position is a work from home opportunity which requires frequent travel throughout the Los Angeles region to facilitate technician meetings, safety audits, trainings, and performance management.
What you will Do
- Effectively manages, coaches, and develops a disperse workforce of 30 appliance repair technicians to ensure team objectives and goals are being carried out.
- Ability to motivate employees to meet daily targets (i.e.: revenue per day, productivity, quality and sales goals) by holding them accountable for performance and provide feedback as needed.
- Review metrics and customer feedback data to identify and create action plans to address performance opportunities.
- Coach employees on how to handle difficult conversations and complicated situations
- Conduct regularly recurring team meetings with employees
- Utilize effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Responsible for managing profits and losses for assigned areas.
- Displays extensive knowledge of industry standards and practices, achieve Safety compliance program/training & focus on Recordable Rates for workers comp.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree required or seven years of equivalent work experience
- Minimum of seven years of work experience
- Minimum of two years of Supervisory experience of employees
- Experience managing a Profit and Loss center or similar
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Ability to work out of a home office
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, and facilitation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to relocate to the Greater Los Angeles area
- Experience managing remote workforce
- High level of personal accountability
- Proven track record of getting results and achieving goals
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous GE Appliances Factory Service or other appliance service experience
- Supervisory experience of managing at least 20 or more employees
- Experience managing approximately $3 million in costs
About GE Appliances:
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at work. From our $1 billion investment in new products now underway to the development of smart grid technologies that will help consumers manage their electricity use and costs, the GE Appliances teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services that solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. GE Appliances’ vision is to be recognized as the leading brand for performance and efficiency, and for a team committed to delivering an outstanding ownership experience. Join us and be part of that journey. You’ll find yourself in a welcoming, supportive environment working with a talented team focused on serving the consumer and the environment. Our high-performing, developmental culture will provide you with abundant opportunities to learn, grow, and advance within the organization. If you’re a motivated problem solver, driven to explore the frontier of innovation, the join GE Appliances in creating the next generation of products that will improve the lives of consumers for generations to come.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.