Commodity Buyer, Parts
Guangdong, 44, China
| ID: REQ-10811
CHN, Guangzhou, Guangdong
Job Posting Title
Commodity Buyer, Parts
The GE Appliances Commodity Buyer – Parts, is a fast paced highly important position that will execute the sourcing strategy for service, install, accessory and retail appliance parts. The role will negotiate with the suppliers to drive cost out and ensure schedule achievement while working internally with GEA Product Management, Technology and Quality functions to understand and meet long term business needs.
What you will Do
- Responsible for all GEA Sourcing metrics for assigned service, retail, install, accessory type parts including material cost take out (MCTO) goals as well as cost and schedule achievement metrics for all programs.
- Manage relationships with part suppliers, including issuing accurate and complete request for quotes as well as negotiating product costs and supply agreements to achieve GEA Parts team goals.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) program teams, including Global program teams, taking Sourcing ownership of parts and NPI programs to support on-time and on-budget implementation.
- Drive cost-out efforts for service parts and NPI programs as necessary to ensure achievement of team’s goals.
- Identify and qualify new suppliers throughout Asia, assess supplier capabilities and collaborate with global team for supplier selection and on-boarding.
- Successfully address and resolve end-of-life, lifetime buy and other related issues that affect inventory levels and drive customer backorders.
- Ensure on-time delivery of parts by working with GE Appliances Parts Fulfillment team to identify delivery issues while communicating with suppliers to obtain solutions.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business or Engineering
- Minimum of four years sourcing and/or supply chain experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills which results in a clear, concise message when dealing with suppliers, peers and leadership. Good written and verbal English skills.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and project management skills. Goal-oriented and proactive in problem solving coupled with creativity and a high energy level.
- Clear thinker with a positive attitude. Demonstrated team player and aggressive self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues, initiates action and makes effective decisions.
- Travel to suppliers and sites on an as needed basis for screening, negotiation, projection execution and status reviews to drive on-time delivery – 10% travel.
- Demonstrated supplier management experience including successful negotiations of cost and supply agreements
- Experience with consumer appliance products and suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement sourcing strategies cross-functionally
- Working knowledge of sourcing systems and processes
- Strong project management skills
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social