Senior Human Resources Specialist
Memphis, TN, United States
| Human Resources
| ID: REQ-10858
USA, Memphis, TN
Job Posting Title
Senior Human Resources Specialist
The Senior Human Resources Specialist will assist the HR Director and HR Manager in a variety of HR duties. Responsibilities include providing HR support to employees on a wide range of human resource topics, assisting with maintaining HR functions, providing day to day support for the center, and special projects as required.
What you will Do
- Support Human Resources activity as it relates to employee relations, policy & procedure, and consistency among the various businesses.
- Be a conduit for employee relations concerns in support of the HR Manager including conducting investigations and HR interviews
- Maintain organizational charts for reference
- Maintain HR databases in tracking of pertinent data, applications, corrective actions, attendance, etc.
- Manage Headcount & Attrition reporting
- Provide payroll department with appropriate documentation for payroll issues stemming from attendance, pay changes and personnel changes
- Maintain personnel files
- Administer Short Term Disability, FMLA and LOA’s in conjunction with vendor, ASI policy, laws and regulations
- Provide FMLA/STD/LOA counseling to employees, work with vendor to research cases and claims, and respond to inquiries as needed
- Serve as unemployment Point of Contact: process State paperwork, answer employee inquiries, represent the business in appeal hearings, etc.
- Monitor Probationary Period and Performance Appraisal due dates
- Conduct New Hire/benefits/401k orientation.
- Complete employment verifications.
- Create/run statistical reports on new hires, terminations, etc.
- Assist Recruiter and HR Manager with hiring activities as needed: creating and placing job ads, screening, interviewing and selection of top candidates for positions.
- Monitor the attendance process to ensure discipline is administered in a timely manner.
- Notify appropriate leadership of attendance issues
- Maintain records and provide reporting for all aspects of attendance policy, including tracking for discipline, auditing, payroll and perfect attendance incentive programs.
- Provide employee attendance counseling
- Partner with leadership to administer corrective actions for attendance infractions
- Research, troubleshoot and respond to all inquiries from leadership, payroll and employees regarding attendance policy administration
- Other duties as assigned by HR Manager and HR Director.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources or similar field and 2+ years human resources experience; OR any similar combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the workplace.
- Self-starter capable of assessing situations, making the right decision and following through with minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle extremely confidential and sensitive information.
- Requires high degree of concentration and attention to detail.
- Requires regular exercise of independent judgment. Job occasionally requires decisions to be made in the absence of specific policies and procedures, and/or guidance from HR Manager or Director of HR.
- Highly organized with ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- PC competent proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows applications.
- Requires thorough knowledge of employment policies and practices, interviewing techniques, and familiarity with Human Resources federal and state laws.
- Human Resources certification preferred (i.e. CHRP, SHRP, PHR, SPHR)
- Database experience a plus
- Office environment with normal lighting and climate controlled temperatures.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social