Sr. Advanced Industrial Engineer
LaFayette, GA, United States
| ID: REQ-10942
USA, LaFayette, GA
Job Posting Title
Sr. Advanced Industrial Engineer
The Sr AIE (Advanced Industrial Engineer) will be a member of the AME (Advanced Manufacturing Engineering) team. The Sr AIE shall lead and maintain the optimization of new complex manufacturing processes and systems of the front end of the product and equipment/process development lifecycle. Additionally, the Sr AIE shall assist the factory IE and Lean teams to improve/optimize existing equipment processes. The Sr AIE is responsible for managing and executing scientific methods to devise efficient systems the integrate workers, machines, and materials, ensuring compliance with standards and executed within the project or program key deliverables.
What you will Do
- Provide industrial engineering principles to NPI’s (New product introductions) relating to machine, equipment, and human capability.
- Consult with design teams to ensure Design for manufacturing & assembly (DFMA) is considered within the product designs. Provide direction for improved product design changes to support DFMA practices.
- Utilize discrete event simulation software to plan and optimize assembly lines and processes prior to execution. Work with Advanced Manufacturing engineers and Plant engineers to identify, scope, and execute projects on existing processes to improve inefficiencies.
- Comply with EHS and ergonomic requirements; utilize Human Organizational Performance(HOP) principles to ensure that all equipment/ processes are implemented with the health and safety of the operators in mind. Develop mockups and prototypes to validate NPI designs and test designs within shop floor for confirmation.
- Maintain the master BoP (Bill of Process) for their assigned manufacturing site(s). Ensuring, new products comply (are compatible) with the BoP. Provide support to the Lean and Product teams on the Bill of Design(BoD), Bill of Materials(BoM) and PFEP (Plan for Every Part) activities.
- Investigate new operating methods for appliance manufacturing and recommend applicable new technologies to business leaders to reduce manpower and increase efficiency.
- Utilize cross-functional groups to ensure that the tooling, equipment and processes are compatible with the entire value stream. Efforts should include: right sized equipment, workstation design, Material presentation, standard work, and single flow. Use data and statistics to characterize delivered manufacturing process capabilities in qualifying the release of processes and equipment.
- Work with operations and APS (lean) teams to understand the Value Stream and how projects impact this. Ensure material flow, tooling setup, model mix, etc. are considered when equipment/process is designed.
- As a senior professional, will be expected to manage multiple projects and/or provide leadership for larger equipment control projects. Must be able to analyze needs to determine best recommendations for equipment/process to optimize cost and performance.
- Deliver guidance, mentoring, training, and leadership for more junior engineers and/or cross-functional team members with regard to industrial engineering. Provide documentation and training to maintenance and shop floor personnel to ensure seamless new equipment introductions.
- Utilize technical and project experience to add to the APS and AME teams’ body of knowledge to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization and company
- Relocation Assistance available
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelors or better in industrial Engineering/Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 5 years: hands on& relevant industrial engineering experience with assembly manufacturing equipment and processes
- Experience with Human Capability and Discrete Event Simulation Software.
- Excellent project tracking and detailed planning skills required
- Ability to work in large cross-functional teams and at multiple levels in the organization (both salaried and shop floor operators/skilled trades team members.)
- Good oral and written communication skills- will be expected to provide status report outs to cross-functional team and train other engineers to electrical standards.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of cross-functional program deliverables and ability to drive decisions based on overall benefit of the company.
- Ability to travel (10%-20%)
- Computer Literate and skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Minitab, Scheduler, and Outlook.
- Industrial Engineering with Human Factors/Ergonomics Coursework preferred.
- Experience with Siemens Tecnomatix software (Factory simulation, Process Simulate, Jack)
- Knowledge of Predetermined Motion Time Studies (PTMS) concepts and Simulation software
- Experience doing rebalance and allocation work to production work
- Very creative talent with a proven ability to look past what is currently done and develop practical, implementable vision for future with a strong history of executing to vision.
- Prior NPI program experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt/ Black Belt/ Master Black Belt
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social