This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Carolina, PR
Job Posting Title
Forklift Operator/Material Handler
The Forklift Operator/Material Handler works under the direction of the Senior Manager Warehouse. Responsible for operating lift trucks to move, stack and unload merchandise in the assigned area, including the movement of incoming and outgoing merchandise in the warehouse.
What you will Do
- Unload’s merchandise received from suppliers and stacks it in the corresponding area.
- Pick-up and carries to the shipping area merchandise requested.
- Keeps stack of merchandise neatly arranged.
- Keeps the Senior Manager Warehouse informed about the condition of the forklifts, any dangerous situation into the warehouse related with the merchandise and which models are moving slowly and vice versa.
- Unload and load of merchandise manually when the nature of the merchandise required it.
- Perform any other job as required by Supervisor or department Manager.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation, including, but not limited to: Constantly standing and driving (forklift vehicle, other); frequently walking, stooping, squatting, pivoting, twisting, pushing/pulling, and grasping; occasionally sitting, reaching overhead, reaching at shoulder level, reaching at waist level, reaching at knee and floor level, bending, crouching, kneeling, climbing stairs, pinching, and fine motor dexterity. Handling of parts and/or equipment – minimum of 55 lbs. lifting/carrying, and 48 lbf. pushing/pulling is required.
What you need to Succeed
- High School Graduate
- 3 Years’ experience as Forklift Operator
- Lift Truck Certification
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.