This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Selmer, TN
Job Posting Title
Business Team Leader
The Business Team Leader (BTL) oversees a department of operators and equipment to successfully produce appliance products. Develops long term strategy to manage and improve department metrics, operator jobs, and serves as a key enabler in the implementation of necessary change.
What you will Do
- Lead activities of hourly team members and the assigned area within the production line. Responsible for operational performance and improvement of key metrics including safety, quality and culture.
- First respondent to Hourly team members for the central coordination of a specified area. Owner of hour by hour chart and direction of issues to respective team members for issue resolution
- Live, promote and teach the GE Production System philosophy and drive continuous improvement in the technical process areas. Coach and develop team leaders to ensure standard work and escalation processes are followed
- Promote Safety Culture and ensure team's compliance with safety rules and procedures, such as: PPE compliance, accident investigation within 24 hours, Safety Contacts and safe start participation. Lead Accident investigations to obtain root cause and drive required changes.
- Must know and align activities to support operational goals and objectives of the business and translate them to the team once a week via action planning report outs. Prioritize problems and escalate issues. Specifically, drive to maintain a partnership with our shop operations personnel to promote a team that reacts aggressively to factory inefficiencies.
- Communication: Follow communication process, Facilitate team meetings, drive communication with teams, yokoten (follow-up communication)
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelors degree in engineering, business, or related
- High level of Initiative, Energy, and Motivation to Develop & Grow in a team environment.
- Strong Technical Competency & Experience.
- Strong Leadership, Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to facilitate team projects.
- Strong Problem-solving & Follow-Through Ability.
- Current internal GE Appliances and/or Monogram Refrigeration experience
- Knowledge of Appliances manufacturing processes
- Experience & training in lean manufacturing practices
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Technical experience in manufacturing processes such as stamping, injection molding, welding, fabrication, & assembly processes
- Well-rounded understanding of structural design and packaging for low volume manufacturing
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in manufacturing/operations or quality roles
- Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 54 pounds.
- Working in the manufacturing environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, work shoes/boots.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.