This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Software QA Engineer – Smart Home Solutions
The Senior Software QA Engineer – Smart Home Solutions will be responsible for managing the embedded software testing performed on smart connected devices, network connectivity modules, and Android and iOS devices. The role will ensure that all software implementations are fully verified and validated against the requirements and that all results are documented and communicated to the software team. The role will be a consumer advocate for the products and ensure all software performs as designed to promote an excellent owner experience. The role will also be responsible for consulting in the designing and maintenance of test system hardware as well as the design and development of software solutions for automated regression testing. Finally, this role will have to work very closely with the QA teams responsible for testing the core appliances’ embedded software and functionality to ensure system level testing coverage. The position is based in Louisville, KY.
What you will Do
- Create test plans to ensure embedded software meets all requirements
- Verify that OTA software updates can be performed successfully
- Manage team of global resources to meet changing project schedules
- Onboard and train new team members
- Specify requirements for test system hardware
- Create automated regression testing solutions using scripting languages such as Python
- Work closely with embedded appliance FW test teams to develop systematic IOT test platforms
- Review test plans, automation scripts, and test code changes made by team members
- Communicate test results and coverage vs requirements to Software Team and Management
- Participate in Agile/Scrum meetings such as daily standups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and/or retrospectives, as necessary
What you need to Succeed
- BS or better in Electrical, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in testing embedded controls.
- Strong background with Android Studio/Xcode/Appium/etc & Mobile App testing
- Deep understanding of firmware/software development processes.
- Demonstrated project planning and project leadership skills and experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing requirements during the development process
- Hardware-in-the-loop Testing Experience
- Networking knowledge
- Project management experience
- IOT/OTA updates testing experience
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.