This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Maintenance and Facilities Manager (Weekend, 1st Shift)
Are you looking for a roll where you can work 3 days a week? The Weekend Maintenance and Facilities Manager provides supervision and technical support for the weekend maintenance team who works Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 12 hour shifts. This role is expected to work Friday thru Monday (10 hour shifts). Primary responsibility is to lead, support, and overall own the success of the Preventative Maintenance team. This critical role is a member of the Manufacturing Engineering & Facilities Team.
As the Manager, Maintenance and Facilities you will develop, manage, coach and provide technical support to the weekend maintenance team for the AP5 Bottom Freezer Refrigeration manufacturing plant. The weekend PM maintenance technicians will be direct reports to this role. You will be responsible for organizing the work, ensuring parts and tools are kitted for the PMs. Expectation is quality on-time completion of PMs resulting in improved OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) of the AP5 equipment. This role directly supports the Total Productive Maintenance initiative, including both preventative and predictive maintenance.
What you will Do
- Lead and direct skilled trades Maintenance personnel. Minimum of 4 direct reports.
- Lead and coach maintenance personnel in quality and efficient completion of Preventative and Predictive maintenance activities.
- Support the repair and improvement of production equipment.
- Lead and direct skilled trades Maintenance and Tool & Die personnel on equipment repairs.
- Foster a positive relationship with the Maintenance team - coach, resource and promote a culture of accountability.
- Utilize the Plant Work Order system for documenting material and labor in equipment repairs (Oracle eAM)
- Utilize the Plant Crib system to find and check out spare parts.
- Ensure follow up of any equipment issues found during weekend PMs. Re-prioritize work as needed to make repairs on the weekend or work with ME team to arrange for repairs to be scheduled later.
- Become the expert on the AP5 equipment Preventative maintenance activities. Continuously improve PMs and the entire PM program.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Strong leadership skills including interpersonal, facilitation, communication and team building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft products (especially Excel) and ability to grasp new systems quickly.
- Experience in preventative maintenance, mechanical/electrical systems, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- High initiative, self-starter, proactive, dedicated, results-oriented, a team player.
- Self-motivated - ability to balance multiple priorities and effectively determine level of responsiveness and resource allocation
- 5 years managing in a union environment.
- Knowledge of Appliances manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)
- Knowledge of Oracle eAM
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Work may involve lifting materials and products up to 25 pounds.
- Working in this manufacturing environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: safety glasses, hearing protection, arm guards, gloves, work boots, and hardhats.
- Holiday or additional weekday work may occasionally be required to support business needs.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.