Selmer, TN, United States
| Manufacturing (Group)
| ID: REQ-11130
USA, Selmer, TN
Job Posting Title
The Materials Leader contributes to the success of the organization through coordination of incoming supplier parts, as well as ensuring unforeseeable materials-related issues are resolved in a timely manner.
What you will Do
Coordinate parts from suppliers
- Plan and coordinate materials to fully support final assembly schedule achievement goals, inventory reduction targets and cycle time target through proactive anticipation and abatement of potential material availability issues.
- Develop cost-effective alternative strategies to minimize the impact of unavoidable material availability issues, achieve consensus agreement.
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma tools to drive Monogram’s continuous process improvement efforts to optimize order parameters; maximize effective digitization of material ordering processes.
- Develop and lead efforts to maintain accurate perpetual inventory records.
- Develop supplier relationships to reduce cycle time, reduce inventory levels, effectively respond to electronic scheduling, and schedule suppliers in accordance with production requirements.
- Proactive interaction with Technology, Manufacturing, Finance, Quality, and Purchasing to assure adequate flow of material.
Develop and maintain a flow structure of parts to the assembly line
- Work closely with Receiving, Production Operations, Material Flow Engineering, and Production Line Loaders to provide designated/adequate storage space and facilities for all assigned commodities to develop, maintain, and optimize a “plan for every part” in a Flow Technology/KANBAN replenishment environment. Maximize the use of returnable containers to the fullest practical extent.
- Develop expertise in Human & Organizational Performance (HOP) principles to ensure health and safety of the operators remains paramount within TPM program
Other related duties as assigned
- Partner with Business Team Leader and Engineer to reduce and eliminate parts issues on the assembly line.
What you need to Succeed
- BS in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Materials Planning, Supply Chain or related field
- High level of initiative, energy, and motivation to develop and grow in a team environment.
- Strong technical competency and experience.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to facilitate team projects.
- Strong problem solving and follow-through ability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work with teams.
- Strong analytical, computer and program management skills required.
- APICS certification/affiliation and prior materials experience
- Lean experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt with familiarity with Toyota Production System
- Material planning experience within a manufacturing facility
- Oracle/ERP experience
- Windchill experience
- Working conditions are normal for an office located within a manufacturing environment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Working in the manufacturing environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, and work gloves.
- Less than 5% travel required
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social