Louisville, KY, United States
| Manufacturing (Group)
| ID: REQ-11132
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
As a Master Scheduler, you'll oversee the scheduling strategy for a plant operation as well as production control daily scheduling. You'll work cross functionally with Product Management, Product Fulfillment, Plant Operations, and Sourcing to deliver a level-loaded production schedule that meets the demands of our customers.
What you will Do
Master Scheduling - You'll translate the customer’s needs into a build signal for the factory and the supply chain, focusing on long term strategy/capacity of planning plant production.
- Drive 95% production mix.
- Work with Fulfillment and Plant Operations to plan a forecasted production schedule, while assessing needs vs. manufacturing or supplier constraints.
- Coordinate with Product Management and Fulfillment teams to plan ahead for promotional periods.
- Generate and manage production forecast.
- Work with PFM to align plan production with customer demand.
- Utilize Proficy to manage and update schedules.
- Work with Material Planners to overcome material shortage issues.
- Manage process for AS-IS Finished Goods.
- Responsible for communicating significant changes to master schedule and large forecast variations to plant team.
- Manage timing and accounting for FG trials.
Supply Chain Management - You'll manage key supply chains that directly and significantly effect mix attainment(control panels, steel, barcodes, etc.).
Key Reporting – You’ll own key reporting around FG output.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, engineering or other relevant field of study.
- Materials management experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong Oracle ERP systems capabilities—including EBS and VCP modules.
- Understanding and prior usage/application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Customer focus, high energy and aggressive approach to issues.
- Requires deep knowledge of demand planning, supply execution, and order fulfillment.
- Bills of Material management experience.
- Leadership experience in assembly operations.
- Six Sigma certification.
- SCDP Graduate.
- Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds.
- Working in the manufacturing environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, work shoes/boots.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social