Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Selmer, TN, United States
| ID: REQ-11136
USA, Selmer, TN
Job Posting Title
Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Function as the owner for overall quality improvement in the manufacturing processes and customer experience, monitor product testing and quality plan execution. Work effectively across all levels and functions within the organization, Supplier Quality, Technology, and Sourcing to identify root cause and solution for design and process defects. Manage and maintain the functions, interactions and testing of the refrigeration units and assuring exceptional quality planning for the critical elements. Lead improvement projects that focus on customer satisfaction, factory scrap, and factory first pass yield. Support change implementation board activities assuring no negative impacts to customer experience and factory metrics from engineering or business changes. Be the leader for developing results trees for the functional aspects of the refrigerator and assuring adequate quality planning for the critical elements.
What you will Do
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Assure that all refrigerators meet technical and safety requirements and are produced to the highest possible level of quality and reliability
- Initiate and document quality and inspection procedures, methods and acceptance criteria
- Develop process capability studies, statistical testing and sampling programs
- Responsible for validation studies of engineering changes, new components and products.
- Collect and analyze relevant data, plot quality trends, perform reliability assessments and drive improvement.
- Lead problem solving and continuous improvement teams.
- Participate in new product and process development teams
- Drive change and improve yield through focus on factory critical-to-quality processes.
- Work cross-functionally with plant leadership, suppliers, technology resources and other business stake holders to drive any needed systematic changes to eliminate defects and minimize Cost of Poor Quality
- Perform associated and other duties as required
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering or technical degree with experience
- Minimum 2years experience in manufacturing quality environment, including experience with ISO quality procedures.
- Skilled in various measurement and gauging techniques
- Ability to prioritize and drive multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills – PowerPoint, Excel, MS Word
- Quality Engineering Experience – In-depth technical problem solving and data analysis, utilization of common manufacturing quality tools and systems
- Six Sigma Greenbelt Certified
- Lean Sigma / Lean Manufacturing experience
- Effective Integration Skills
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social