USA, Louisville, KY
USA, Chicago, IL
Job Posting Title
Project Manager - Strategy & Corporate Development
The GE Appliances' (GEA) Strategy & Corporate Development team is looking for a Project Manager who will work with key leaders across the organization to frame the market landscape, identify growth opportunities, support M&A sourcing and diligence activities, and assist in defining short and longer-term business priorities. As part of this role, you will need to build a strong understanding of market dynamics, customer needs, and GEA’s capabilities. In addition, a successful candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills, will be resourceful, and will be comfortable working with a senior team in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Executive Director of Strategy & Corporate Development.
This position is eligible to sit out of Louisville, KY or Chicago, IL.
What you will Do
- Key member of a small, high-exposure strategy and corporate development group managing strategy and market development activities, inorganic growth (M&A, JV, partnerships) and key strategic initiatives
- Develop strong understanding of GEA's business and growth strategies, leveraging this knowledge into research and analysis of various organic and inorganic growth opportunities
- Manage and support diligence process and deal execution for GEA and related initiatives across the organization
- Work closely with Executive Director of Strategy & Corporate Development, CFO, other GEA senior leadership, and external advisors in all acquisition related activities
- Partner with key management and cross-functional stakeholders to provide insights into the business, monitor business performance and enable management to make informed decisions based on data and analysis
- Develop and maintain strong industry and competitive knowledge repository
- Incorporate operational diligence into complex financial models and investment memorandum
- Support developing robust corporate strategy and strategic planning process
- Synthesize research and analysis and build clear and compelling PowerPoint presentations and research briefs
- Optimize Corporate Development & Strategy databases and processes
- Deliver findings and recommendations in informal and formal settings
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
What you need to Succeed
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university or college in business or analytical discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a consulting, banking or in-house strategy/M&A/corporate development role.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to comprehend and handle large volumes of data and summarize key facts and conclusions in a concise and persuasive manner
- Advanced Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills required, experience building models and decks (advanced financial modeling / valuation a plus)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with all stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail with a strong sense of ownership
- Low ego attitude with a willingness to shift from high-level critical thinking to necessary tasks required to complete a job
- Ability to protect extremely confidential information
- Proactively calls out issues and drives for resolution
- Previous experience in Appliances or a consumer products business
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- 20% travel required for domestic / international travel.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.