This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
USA, Chicago, IL, USA, Columbus, OH, USA, Indianapolis, IN, USA, Nashville, TN
Job Posting Title
Sales & Marketing Demand Generation Specialist
GE Appliances is a leader in the builder/contract and hospitality channels. The Demand Generation Specialist is an entry-level Sales position that plays a critical role in helping build a pipeline of qualified B2B lead opportunities. In this sales & marketing position, you will be assigned a regional territory and be responsible for developing a strategic plan to generate new business leads using lead generation sites, account-based marketing, social media, and supporting the development of marketing content.
What you will Do
- Lead all activities related to prospecting and finding new lead opportunities in your assigned region.
- Launch B2B marketing demand generation campaigns to drive conversion; determine the best approach for your territory, segment targets, and local markets.
- Track and manage leads generated from website, events/tradeshows, and lead generation sites (Dodge, MetroStudy, Construction Monitor, etc). Use marketing tools and resources to identify and determine the best way to follow up with potential customers for your region that will drive conversion.
- Build relationships and rapport with potential customers (builders, property managers, designers, architects) to understand their business and what’s important to them. Use these insights to work with the marketing team to develop content and materials.
- Partner with GE Appliances Region Managers, Area Sales Managers, and Inside Sales team to identify targets, build and maintain relationships to move opportunities through the sales pipeline.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University in Business, Marketing, or Communications.
- Minimum of 2 years of marketing and/or sales experience.
- Some travel is required for domestic travel to customer sites, tradeshows, and market visits.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently with a demonstrated history of strong project management capabilities
- Experience with implementing and measuring marketing and/or demand generation campaigns
- Organizational Skills - Demonstrates strong ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task on a daily basis
- Initiative - Demonstrates resourcefulness, takes ownership, and be accountable for your work
- Communication Proficiency – utilizes effective interpersonal communication skills in the day to day operations of the department
- Comfortable talking to potential clients via phone, email, and social media to find new business
- Ability to interface with all levels of management, customers, and peers
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.