USA, Louisville, KY
Other GA US, Other NC US, Other TN US, USA, Chicago, IL
Job Posting Title
Senior Manager Customer/Shopper Marketing (Remote)
At GE Appliances we are built on the purpose to enable happiness and wellbeing in every home. We are focused on building a robust, innovative House of Brands enabling us to achieve expansive growth. Our organization has incredible momentum, with accelerating sales growth in recent years.
A Customer’s journey to purchase is a rapidly changing experience as the shopping environment evolves with new retail platforms and opportunities to grow, all of which require a seamless experience and voice to meet that shopper’s needs. In order to meet this changing landscape, GEA has created a hybrid team of talent that integrates the Digital Marketing skills needed to succeed online with engaging Shopper Marketing skills leading the strategic communication as one Customer Marketing Team with which to speak to our retail partners and the shopper.
As the GEA Customer Marketing Senior Manager you will be responsible for the integration of .com Sales, Digital Marketing and traditional Shopper Marketing for GEA Brands and Product Portfolio. You will lead in-store conversion and online sales, supporting retail sales growth targets using all path-to-purchase conversion drivers (digitally and in-store) for joint business success. Along with the growth of online pickup models and online sales, in-store activation remains a crucial point in the path-to-purchase so you will lead the development of attention-grabbing in-store events, local marketing events, merchandising including point-of-sale materials and innovation ideas, collaborating with internal & external partners to intercept and impact buying behaviors.
In order to achieve your objectives, you must utilize strategic thinking to create joint business plans, influence internal stakeholders, and solve increasingly complex customer challenges with regards to the evolving shopper landscape. You will be able to utilize your knowledge of Retailer.com (owned channel), buy online pickup models and in-store shopper influence points to drive a cohesive and seamless shopping experience for shoppers. There is high collaboration required for this integrated role so you will also work closely with other Commercial and Owner Channel functions (e.g., Brand, Digital Shelf, Advertising, Insights, Sales Operations, Finance) as well as our retail partners to bring compelling guidance around maximizing traffic, conversion and growth across GEA brands and categories.
What you will Do
- Be the internal and external face of GEAs Customer Marketing team with North Americas fastest growing Appliance retailers
- Strategic Customer Marketing vision and breakthrough thinking alongside our commercial retail team and our most innovative retail partners on how to drive combined goals, growth and shopper conversion
- Expertly build and execute fully comprehensive joint marketing programs (in-store and online) with key success objectives to both customer and GEA stakeholders
- Develop deep collaborative partnerships externally with retail partners and your GEA internal commercial organization. (marketing, sales, finance, insights, operations, pricing)
- Direct the budget including co-op of onsite/offsite investment, in-store activation, and achieve the growth goals alongside the brand and account team
- Work in conjunction with cross functional marketing teams (insights, brand, national ad, digital, etc.…) to drive online & offline sales, digital marketing and in-store activation that is forward-thinking and gives GEA a competitive advantage in the market
- Utilize strong communication with all stakeholders regarding customer, channel and industry insights and competitive trends
- Proactively share best practices with peers and lead the broader commercial team’s thinking on Customer Marketing
- Partner with insights, sales, marketing, supply chain and merch rep team to influence our digital strategies (e.g., digital shelf, digital marketing, site merchandising).
- Understand and leverage shopper insights and data science in order to grow our Customer Marketing leadership to an insight-led, analytics based, measured return of how to impact shopper behaviors
- Operate as a member of the GEA team, influencing with Customer Marketing thinking through annual planning, investment allocation and growth targets
- Take on action assignments as directed by leadership
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 7 years of consumer marketing experience in Consumer-Packaged Goods,
- Retailer /Manufacturing or related industry preferred
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experienced presenter with demonstrated ability to create compelling content
- Prior budget management experience
- Planning/project management skills
- Proven strategic thinker with strong negotiation & influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders and within a matrixed organization
- Proven ability to embrace and effectively navigate change
- Must be willing and able to travel to customer locations & GEA sites, as needed. Approximately 40% travel. Will fluctuate based on business needs
- Collaborative and effectively works through conflict
- Inspires and contributes to creating a culture of inclusion and respect
- Understanding of media buying and planning
- Previous account-based marketing or field/shopper marketing experience for a consumer brand
- Prior agency experience having demonstrated strong client management
- Experience in market & customer insights, product commercialization and/or brand
- Organized and demonstrated capability of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Exhibits a high degree of drive and energy and the ability to consistently produce results
Strong analytical skills
- Able to turnkey all aspects of account
- Ability to learn new technologies, industries, and business processes quickly
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.