This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Columbia, SC
Job Posting Title
• Conduct daily Quality Audits and Quality Tests and focus efforts on the problem areas.
• Provide feedback to management on resolution of current issues.
• Verify operator knowledge and work with operators to help build skills on the line.
• Liaison between Production and Quality
• Support projects to improve processes and address corrective actions.
• Quality Equipment Operation
• Train New Quality techs on processes and mentor to ensure they understand how to identify and fix defects
• Write up scrap daily in Quality areas and communicate high scrap to other zone leaders to be addressed immediately
• Perform and support machine validations (FIS, Prophecy, Brilliant Factory, Parameters)
• Assist in creation of MCPs and MCIs and that these are included in (SOP)
• Measure parts as needed to confirm that are acceptable
• Work with CMM Tech to measures parts for defect resolution
• Operate in a LEAN manufacturing environment and strive to suggest process improvements
• Supporting associates and supplementing the group’s labor force as needed
• Identify quality issues and troubleshoot to resolution with the production team
• Proper communication in pre-shift and end-of-shift meetings, including accurate documentation
What you will Do
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Quality related role in Manufacturing
- Mechanical aptitude – ability to understand basic mechanical concepts and relationships
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literate.
- Candidate must possess the interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and lead in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Positive work ethic and attitude; willingness to learn and meet expectations of the various assignments
- Dependability; demonstrate and maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- High School Diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution
- 2 to 3 years of Quality related roles
- Must be able to read Calipers, Micrometers and Prints
- 1 year experience with Microsoft Software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Expertise and/or working knowledge of Foam, Weld, Assembly or Enamel
- Expert with Microsoft Office Products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
What you need to Succeed
- Physical working conditions:
- Wear safety attire or proper PPE daily
- Usually work indoors. All areas may not be temperature controlled
- Physical demands of the position include: Bending, stooping, twisting, lifting/carrying, pushing/pulling Handling and lifting of parts or materials – minimum of 50 lbs.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.