Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-11326
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
The Logistics Coordinator-Ocean will be responsible for communicating with specialty customers to schedule ocean shipments utilizing the Legacy or ERP system, Oracle Transportation Management (OTM), as well as any customer-specific software or web platforms. This person is responsible for primary communication from the Logistics distribution groups with Sales, Transportation, our carriers, and Customers to ensure orders are scheduled to meet customer delivery requirements while balancing cost and service.
What you will Do
- Develop and maintain daily shipping calendar for customers/accounts. Plan, assign shippers and send shipments to the ADC to ensure utilization of all available inbound customer appointments is maximized.
- Utilize customer-specific software to secure appointments with receivers and communicate shipping plans.
- Negotiate with receivers and Transportation Analyst to increase/ decrease inbound appointments weekly as needed to match volume.
- Execute shipping and shipper allocation routing guides established by Transportation Analyst
- Work cross-functionally with Logistics, Sales, the ADCs to understand receivers needs and processes, to ensure our planning, scheduling, and shipping procedures meet their needs.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and define/implement process improvements related to our receivers unique processes.
What you need to Succeed
- Capable of multi-tasking and executing with strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Proficient in MS Excel and Web Based applications
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrates Clear Thinker and External Focus as strengths to make sure orders are shipped and customers are satisfied
- Process focused and has proven record of resolving issues in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to critically think through situations; identify quick and efficient solutions which minimize customer impact is essential.
- Ability to perform different tasks on a daily or weekly basis.
- High focus on customer service
- Comfortable working in “gray areas” and is self-reliant and able to make decisions through resourcefulness, creativity, and expertise.
- Associate Degree or minimum of two years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience in ocean freight shipping
- Previous experience in order service, sales, transportation, or logistics
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain or other related field
- Previous experience in developing and working from Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- This is a work remote position that will require occasional visits to Appliance Park in Louisville, KY for meetings, training
- Will only consider candidates currently in the Louisville metro area (1-2 hrs of city center)
- Reliable, high-speed internet connection with at least 30mb download speed – cable or fiber (NO dial-up, satellite or cellular hotspots) required. You must demonstrate these speeds to qualify for this role.
- Smartphone with Android OS or iPhone
- May require off-shift working hours.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social