USA, Austin, TX
Job Posting Title
Service Technician (Austin, TX)
GE Appliances (GEA) is looking for a motivated Appliance Factory Service Technician (FST) to conduct in-home appliance repairs. The technician will be responsible for providing an excellent consumer experience during after-sales in-home service to protect, repair and replace appliances.
Typical Schedule: 7:30 am – 5:00 pm. Saturday weekend shifts may be required based on business needs
At GE Appliances we put our people first and that includes you. Here are some benefits of joining our team!
• Annual wage increases and uncapped incentive opportunities
• Service van
• Laptop computer and Smartphone
• Uniforms, work boots, and specialized tools
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance on DAY ONE!
• 401K and Tuition reimbursement
• Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
• Career Growth – ongoing education for those looking to expand their industry knowledge
What you will Do
• Conduct diagnosis and in-home repairs in consumer’s homes on GEA’s major appliances
• Promote and sell GE Appliances service contracts, water filters, and other products
• Operate assigned service van to repair locations
• Record all activities related to repairs, routes, and other activities
• Attend trainings, meetings, and other events as required to expand and remain a knowledgeable expert in the repair industry
• Manage maintenance and stock inventory of assigned service van
• Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction through the deliverance of high-quality service and meet productivity and efficiency goals as established
• Follow safety procedures and constant awareness for personal safety and safety of others
• Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
What you need to Succeed
• 1+ years of experience with appliance repair electrical, mechanical, HVAC, or property maintenance
• Ability/experience diagnosing and repairing major appliances
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Have and maintain a valid state driver's license and successfully complete background check, physical, and drug screen.
• Must have or be willing to obtain CFC Certification within 6 months.
• Wear uniform & maintain standards of personal grooming & appearance consistent with GEA values
• Self-directed and solid team player
• Flexibility to work variable hours, including overtime.
• Ability to deescalate situations and rebuild customer confidence in our products
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation, including, but not limited to:
• Ability to step up, into, and out of a van and sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to handle/work with parts/equipment which may be hot, cold, and/or wet
• Ability to use often powered hand tools and occasional use of vibratory tools/equipment
• Ability to handle and lift parts or materials min. of 77 lbs. lifting/carrying and 70 lb. shing/pulling is required
• HS Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• 6 plus months of experience with Refrigeration repair
• CFC Certified
• Certification in appliance repair
• Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and other service information.
Working Conditions GEA is always reviewing its jobs to find ways to make them less physically demanding and/or to identify additional physical demands that should be evaluated to ensure applicants can perform essential job functions. From time to time, GEA implements new physical demands right after applicants began the hiring process. In these instances, GEA will apply the updated physical demands when making hiring decision. If necessary, GEA will require applicants to be retested to make an informed decision about their abilities to be employed in the position sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat of harm. GEA will employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. GE Appliances will not offer sponsorship assistance for this position.
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
“If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and you need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.