USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Fall 2022 Information Technology Intern
The Information Technology Internship offers those with a passion for information technology the opportunity to grow their leadership skills, business acumen, and technology aptitude while building a career with unlimited potential. Program interns lead by doing gaining frontline experience by working on important and challenging projects alongside some of the brightest technical minds in the world.
Information technology (IT) is critical to the future of GE Appliances, a Haier Company (GEA). GEA IT represents a major area of focus and investment across the company and is essential to maintaining our leadership, competitiveness, and success. For those with a passion for technology, no other company offers the diversity of experience and career potential that GE Appliances, A Haier Company does.
GEA’s Information Technology Internship is a key entry point for IT professionals at GEA and is designed to attract high-potential candidates looking to further develop their technical ability and business acumen. The Information Technology Internship is the key pipeline for the full-time development program described below in more detail.
Our Digital Leadership Development Program (DLDP) professionals gain hands-on experience in system implementation, technical design and architecture, and operational excellence as they transition from academia to the working world. Program members get access to choose rotations in a variety of disciplines (e.g. system implementations, technology design/architecture, and operational excellence), accelerating their future at GEA. And as part of GEA, they are supported by the scale and resources of one of the world's greatest companies.
What you will Do
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
IT Intern assignments, generally, 10 -12 weeks, vary widely in terms of the business functions/processes impacted and the type of work required. Possible assignments may include:
- Application development (Web, client-server, standalone, mobile) utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Systems management and optimization
- Business process re-engineering
- Infrastructure management and environmental design/build-out
- GE Appliances will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
- Positions located in Louisville, KY; a remote experience may be determined based on ongoing healthy & safety evaluations of the external environment
- Positions located in Louisville, KY; Housing & Relocation assistance available.
Interns have significant exposure opportunities to key IT and business leaders at GEA as well as current full-time DLDPs. Interns also have extracurricular opportunities to engage in various activities both socially and from a professional development perspective.
This internship is for the Fall 2022 semester. It will begin on August 22, 2022 and end on December 16, 2022.
What you need to Succeed
Additional Job Description
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a Bachelors degree or better in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, Data Analytics or related field
- Cumulative GPA >=3.0 (out of 4.0)
- December 2023 or later graduation date
- Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now, nor in the future, for this position.
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in technology
- A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for IT
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- General business/finance understanding
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.