KOR, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do
Job Posting Title
2022 GEDP (Global Engineering Development Program)
Program Details & Advantages (Program details are subject to change according to the company’s circumstances.)
• Operate 4 rotations in appliance product software teams within 2 years.
• 1 company-sponsored rotation must be done in America.
• Company-sponsored M.S. degree in America if a candidate wants to pursue.
• Great learning opportunities available:
- 32 Software Engineering Classes with U.S.A. team members
- 20 Various Appliances Product Classes taught by product veterans.
- At least one hands-on project related to real product issues improvement
- Opportunities to take paid online software learning courses as needed.
• Extensive embedded software knowledge coaching and mentoring provided by the company.
• Strong GEDP alumni networks – includes executives/management/engineers in America and Korea.
• MacBook Pros are available to all software developers.
• Competitive compensation package
What you will Do
Essential Responsibilities as a GEDP/Embedded Software Engineer
- Successfully complete GEDP program requirements
- Deliver product software codes on time by using C programming language
- Support connected appliances via Internet of Things (IoT) functionality
- Continuously expand and learn software knowledge. The company supports software conferences and learning opportunities
- Contribute to generating Intellectual Property (IP) in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
What you need to Succeed
- Newly graduated (B.S. or M.S. in an engineering field) or up to +3 years of work experience
- Interests in the embedded software domain
- Proficiency in C or C++ is a must
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (Korean & English)
- Legally authorized to travel abroad
- Cumulative GPA >=3.0 (out of 4.0)
- COVID-19 Negative test result required
- Experience in Object-oriented programming in any language is a plus
- Experience with Git, Agile, TDD, and Continuous Integration (CI) development is a plus
- Demonstrated quick learning skills and an analytical approach to problem-solving
- Innovative sprint committed to a career in technology/engineering
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with international teams by using English
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.