Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Other, TN, United States
| ID: REQ-12204
USA, Louisville, KY
Bloomington IN US, Evansville IN US, Memphis (GEA) TN US, Other IL US, Other IN US, Other KY US, Other MO US, Other OH US, Other TN US, Selmer(CONIND) TN US
Job Posting Title
Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer
The Senior Quality Improvement Engineer (QIE) executes operational and strategic efforts focused on product quality improvement, with primary oversight of the product/component testing and manufacturing control plan (MCP) auditing processes in an assigned manufacturing area. This role will be the Braze Champion for AP5 while focusing on improving yield and reducing scrap.
What you will Do
Drive projects that improve yield, reduce scrap, and improve quality experience of our customers
- Collaborate with team to determine priority of projects.
- Utilize problem solving tools to eliminate issues.
- Ensure defects found from area are contained to protect final assembly and escapes to customers and put projects in place to prevent reoccurrence.
- Evaluate and sign off on unit scrap in area and escalate to case line to help develop projects to prevent issue.
- Use calibrated gages such as: Calipers & Multi-meters to teach and train repair technicians to diagnose problems.
Drive Quality Management System for area
- Own Manufacturing Control Plan for area and maintain change control.
- Review Statistical Process Control data collected for area and escalate when issues are found.
- Audit other areas as required and support audits of assigned area.
- Create, update and maintain Manufacturing Control Instructions (MCI’s), visual aid and alerts (single point lessons) as needed.
- Audit standard work to ensure processes vital to control plan are documented.
Own Direct Current (DC) guns for area
- Ensure that DC guns are interlocked in area. Drive completion of interlocks that are not in place.
- Train Area Business Leaders and Team Leaders to understand how to troubleshoot issues.
- Troubleshoot DC gun issues as needed when ABL/TL cannot resolve.
Plant Champion for Sealed Systems
- Own the training program for the factory.
- Drive braze yield improvements across 3 shifts utilizing braze coaches and ABLs.
- Develop and implement projects to prevent Sealed System defects from reaching final assembly and escaping to our customers.
- Explore new technology that can be used to improve sealed system processes.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related discipline is desired
- 5+ years of experience in a high volume manufacturing or assembly operation
- Prior experience in brazing, soldering and/or welding
- Experience scoping and supporting the development of functional gages
- Experience with analyzing data from CMM and/or 3-Dimensional scanning measurement equipment
- Experience in manufacturing quality/NPI quality projects and process improvement
- Experience interpreting data to solve problems associated with high volume, short cycle manufacturing of consumer products.
- Ability to work within large cross-functional teams and at multiple levels in the organization (both salaried and shop floor operators / skilled trades team members).
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate and skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Auto Cad, Minitab and Outlook.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in assembly operations
- Six Sigma Certified
- Quality Leadership experience
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Experience in appliance or similar high volume manufacturing processes
- Working conditions are normal for a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
- These roles will require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment.
- This position will be located in Louisville, KY.
- Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends may be required.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social