USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Edison Engineering Development Program - Mechanical - 2023
Interesting work rotations and continued technical education drive the Edison Engineering Development Program. EEDPs are working to develop & improve exciting new products in Refrigeration, Cooking, Dishwashers, Air Conditioners, and Washers & Dryers. EEDPs work closely with manufacturing and product management to integrate product designs that meet customer needs. The core engineering skills gained in assignments are enhanced through advanced courses in engineering and mentoring from assignment leaders. All of this prepares members with the technical and professional skills needed to grow your career in engineering.
What you will Do
- A three-year entry-level program providing at least three technical rotational assignments
- Assignments are engineering positions in various Technology positions throughout GE Appliances, a Haier company
- Diverse experiences may include: design engineering, overall systems management, finite element analysis, quality improvement, cost reduction, product reliability, and component & product testing
- Technical problem-solving skills developed via advanced engineering coursework, formal reports, and presentations to senior leadership
- Obtaining a Master’s Degree in Engineering is a requirement of the program and is paid for by the company. GE Appliances partners with the local university and you attend on site and customized classes to match the needs of the Edison program.
What you need to Succeed
Bachelor’s degree or better in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree
Cumulative GPA >= 3.0 (out of 4.0)
Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Positions located in Louisville, KY
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire and ability to continue learning
- Committed to a Technical Engineering Program
- Solid analytical skills
- Strong work ethic
- Completed two or more co-op or intern experiences prior to graduation
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.