USA, New York City, NY
USA, Boston, MA, USA, Newark, NJ, USA, New Haven, CT
Job Posting Title
Sr. Director, Regional Sales Northeast (Remote)
The Senior Director of Region Contract Sales will be responsible for leading a team of experienced sale professionals covering the Northeast Region (comprised of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, and eastern Pennsylvania). The Senior Director will own the P & L and be responsible for developing operational plans and strategies that will execute the business priorities. The Senior Director will also be responsible for talent recruitment/advancement, costs control, and the development of relationships with customers throughout the Region.
This role will be based in the Northeast, preferably in New York, New Jersey or Massachusetts.
What you will Do
• Develop Region goals to achieve/exceed share, margin, and price targets.
• Grow, develop, and maintain all customer relationships.
• Develop and execute local market strategies.
• Approve all pricing plans initiated or modified for the Region.
• Work closely with VP of Contract on Region/Account plans.
• Manage, Coach, and Develop Area Sales Managers.
• Participate in the development and implementation of national sales strategy, and associated tactics
• Recruit, select, train, and manage a field sales team: responsible for performance management including compensation, rewards, recognition, feedback, and performance development.
Significant travel required; including some overnight. Candidate must be willing to relocate to within the region, with a strong preference for a centralized location. Relocation assistance is available.
What you need to Succeed
- Minimum 12 years’ relevant commercial/sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
- Self-starter, solid energy, high motivation, and proven customer focus.
- Proven analytical skills; attention to detail.
- Driving is an essential duty of the job; candidates must have a valid driver’s license to be considered
- Previous people management experience
- Ability to work well cross-functionally (i.e. marketing, sales, R&D)
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Ability to train, develop, and motivate a sales team.
- Exemplary leadership and coaching skills
- Master’s in Business Administration or Post Graduate degree.
- Extensive experience in the appliances industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of GE Contract Channel.
- Results-oriented mindset; Plays to win.
- Proven Sales Management and Marketing experience.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing priorities.
- GE Appliances Headquarters experience
GE Appliances will not offer sponsorship assistance for this position.
“If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and you need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]”.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.