USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
The Network Engineer plays an integral role in defining and assessing the organization's security strategy, architecture, and practices in all aspects of our enterprise network. You will be required to effectively translate business objectives and risk management strategies into specific security processes enabled by security technologies and services. You’ll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You’ll participate with incident response, risk reviews, and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, which will lead to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. Deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to enrich our strategic security roadmap.
What you will Do
- Implement approved network policies and controls and dynamic routing.
- Implement VLANs and Isolated L3 networks compliant with required Zero Trust Principals. Validate security configurations and access to security infrastructure tools, including firewalls, proxies, IPSs, and WAFs.
- Work closely with the Network Architect to design and deploy Wireless solutions to our Manufacturing and Distribution sites
- Work closely with the Network Architect and implement approved network designs and configurations
- Review network segmentation to ensure least privilege for network access.
- Follow network security architecture artifacts and guidelines to deploy capabilities for projects
- Partner with operations team to implement configuration changes and be an escalation point for guidance
- Participate in infrastructure projects to provide network-planning advice
- Work closely with stakeholders from manufacturing and distribution areas to help provide network solutions and fixes.
- Ensure a complete, accurate and valid inventory of the network infrastructure.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelors degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or BA/BS degree in a related technical discipline, highly preferred
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in global networks components such as firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Expertise in routing & switching protocols and VPN's in large enterprise class or service provider networks.
- LAN/WAN design with Strong LAN/WAN troubleshooting skills with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of communication protocols, explicitly routing protocols like BGP, OSPF as well as TCP/IP.
- In-Depth Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and routing protocols, including EIGRP, BGP)
- Cisco ASA Firewalls, Palo Alto Global Protect VPN | F5 LTM
- Microsoft DNS and hosted DNS service, Debugging/configuration problem-solving skills
- Certifications are a strong plus, such as CCNP, CISSP, CCIE.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.