USA, Camden, SC
Appliance Park KY US, LaFayette(GEA) GA US, Louisville(227)KY US, Louisville(FB) KY US, Louvl Forum KY US, Marietta (GEA) GA US, Memphis (GEA) TN US, Other GA US, Other KY US, Other MS US, Other NC US, Other SC US, Other TN US, Selmer(CONIND) TN US
Job Posting Title
Senior Manager, Materials
The Senior Manager, Materials is responsible for leadership of the Materials Team and ensuring continuous improvement of all Materials functions at the Camden, SC Manufacturing facility.
What you will Do
The Senior Manager, Materials is directly responsible for the strategic and tactical management and execution of all aspects of receiving, warehousing, distribution, shipping, purchasing/sourcing, production and inventory control operations in a high volume, fast paced manufacturing environment in alignment with plant Hoshin goals. Short term, the Senior Manager, Materials will be the primary individual representing the Materials Function with Water Heater NPI Program. This short-term representation will run for the majority of 2022 with the focus shifting to production operations at NPI launch. Significant business travel to support the Water Heater NPI Program will be required during 2022.
- Lead by example and promote a culture of safety and compliance within the Materials Team.
- Lead a team of materials professionals and hourly teams that will eventually work across multiple shifts.
- Lead material flow and strategy deployment for all material related initiatives.
- Proactively drive continuous improvement materials programs utilizing Lean methodologies and practices.
- Responsible for the overall inventory management process emphasizing reduced inventory levels and increased inventory turns.
- Work closely with Operations, ERP and Lean teams to identify and address Materials issues related to process improvements and accuracy.
- Review and calculate ABC classifications, safety stock, economic order quantities.
- Responsibility for driving 95% inventory accuracy.
- Responsible for inventory portion of financial reviews; generate and maintain on-going inventory project deck to drive inventory reductions.
- Successfully manage multiple priorities without direct supervision.
- Ensure all company-required tools, programs and management systems are properly implemented and that documentation required to support programs and management systems are comprehensive and up-to-date.
- Complete required reports timely and accurately.
- Benchmark and share best practices across GE Appliances.
- Lead key initiatives relating to sustainability.
- Recruit and retain resources necessary to accomplish functional goals and objectives.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, engineering or other relevant field of study.
- 5 years of materials management experience within a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- 10 years of experience working within a manufacturing environment, to include prior experience leading work teams.
- Strong systems experience and capabilities, including MRP/ERP systems and MS Word/Excel.
- Strong planning/forecasting capabilities; experience in production control, forecasting, master scheduling and Lean initiatives
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Detailed and proficient in data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and collaborate among multiple functional stakeholders.
- Prior experience in managing change, implementation of new processes.
- Understanding and prior usage/application of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Customer focus, high energy and aggressive approach to issues.
- Excellent presentation skills and solid verbal/written communication skills.
- Initiative and ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
- Supplier management experience and project implementation.
- Awareness of current technology and advances in the field of supply chain management
- APICS certification.
- Six Sigma certification.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.