Data Analyst - Inbound Logistics
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-12500
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Data Analyst - Inbound Logistics
As a Data Analyst - Inbound Logistics, you'll support the Central Materials team in collecting, manipulating, and analyzing data to gain a better understanding and visibility to inbound supply chain logistics. Build and maintain reports that depict the status of the inbound supply chain for greater visibility and tracking. Work closely with finance and the materials teams in the plants to gather information, present data, and metrics to drive improvements. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is able to navigate a matrixed organization to provide information critical in driving improvements.
What you will Do
Oversee Supplier Logistics Metrics:
- Provide visibility through analytics and key metrics to inform business stakeholders about Supplier performance
- Perform external bench-marking to measure Supply base to industry norms
- Support the plant materials teams in determining root cause to charge back suppliers for late shipments
- Other data collection, manipulation, analysis as required by the Central Materials team
Drive Synergies through all areas of the Inbound Supply Chain:
- Develop new weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance reports to key metrics and cost targets
- Meet monthly with VP’s of Manufacturing, and Sourcing to review metrics based on strategic goals
- Support Central Materials in gathering data from different sources to present a cohesive view of the supply chain
- Utilize data and metrics to create a cohesive forward-looking forecast for inbound logistics
- Publish new scorecards / results and enlist business advocates to improve results
- Develop central dashboard to show health of the supply chain and plant metrics
Oversee Process Audits:
- Work with business partners and suppliers to perform execution and process audits
- Work with sourcing on the supplier metrics related to the material teams’ standards
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or scientific-related field.
- Shop floor leadership experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Leadership experience within Appliance manufacturing
- Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now, nor in the future, for this position.
- Master’s degree in engineering, business or scientific-related field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in logistics, material planning, process improvement, and/or lean expertise within a manufacturing environment.
- Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 25 pounds.
- Working in the manufacturing environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, work shoes/boots.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Up to 25% travel required for domestic travel to plants, suppliers, etc.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social