USA, Columbia, SC
Job Posting Title
PSM Zone Leader
The PSM Zone Leader will assist the Technical Leader in leading foam processing activities. You will work to enhance the quality and quantity of work output and reduce the scrap rate while maintaining a safe work environment. This position is responsible for leading the foam room and blend room activities, assuring quality in the foaming process, and following safety protocols. The PSM Zone Leader is responsible for process verification, troubleshooting, operator training, and root cause analysis of manufacturing related equipment/tools with the assistance of Maintenance and Engineering.
What you will Do
· Monitor daily reports and focus efforts on the problem areas.
· Provide feedback to management on the resolution of current issues.
· Ensure parameters are being followed daily.
· Verify operator knowledge and work with operators to help build skills on the line.
· Work to ensure equipment is set to standard after every repair or TPM event.
· Liaison between production and maintenance.
· Support projects to improve processes and address corrective actions.
· Troubleshoot, repair, and perform maintenance on automated equipment.
· Perform and support machine validations (FIS, Prophecy, Brilliant Factory, Parameters).
· Ensure processes and equipment are configured and monitored according to established work instructions.
· Assist maintenance and manufacturing personnel with machine operations.
· Assist in the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
· Monitor machine performance measures.
· Operate in a LEAN manufacturing environment and strive to suggest process improvements.
· Supporting associates and supplementing the group’s labor force as needed.
· Train and cross-train new employees in various job functions.
· Ensure technical training and training documentation are completed correctly and submitted.
· Identify quality issues and troubleshoot to resolution with the production team.
· Proper communication in pre-shift and end-of-shift meetings, including accurate documentation.
· Foam Room
· Wet Room
. Blend Room
What you need to Succeed
- 1-3 years experience troubleshooting and set-up manufacturing equipment or Associates degree in lieu of experience.
- Mechanical aptitude – ability to understand basic mechanical concepts and relationships
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literate.
- Candidate must possess the interpersonal skills to communicate and lead in a fast-paced manufacturing environment effectively.
- Positive work ethic and attitude; willingness to learn and meet expectations of the various assignments.
- Dependability; demonstrate and maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- The ability to be a good student and maintain a passing grade (preferably C average or greater) with Central Carolina Technical College (CCTC) and any additional training which may qualify. Failure to pass required training could and would result in immediate disqualification.
- High School Diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- 3 plus years experience of working knowledge of Foam/ PSM.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Physical working conditions:
- Wear safety attire or proper PPE daily.
- Usually work indoors. All areas may not be temperature controlled.
- Physical demands of the position include: Bending, stooping, twisting, lifting/carrying, pushing/pulling Handling and lifting of parts or materials – minimum of 50 lbs.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.