Senior Product Service Specialist
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-12563
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Product Service Specialist
The Senior Product Service Specialist owns all strategic and operational aspects of serviceability for Ductless HVAC. Cross functional relationships with technology, quality, distribution and overseas engineering will be maintained to ensure that product design, product functionality, product service literature, and training materials are focused on serviceability. Our goal is to produce the best service and ownership experience. The successful candidate will also deliver as the voice of Service based on new product development programs, serviceability, quality and safety. This is an onsite field-based position and will report to the Senior Manager, Product Service – HVAC North America.
What you will Do
- Develop and enhance product training modules including, but not limited to, product lineup, application, installation, operation, control, service, troubleshooting and product selection software.
- Develop hands on training materials that simulate faults allowing customers to troubleshoot our equipment during training classes.
- Conduct training independently for internal and external customers in company training facilities, and using distributor locations, or via Web based training sessions.
- Support in-field investigations to identity product performance issues by gathering pertinent data and participating in team-based discussions that include product engineering teams.
- Support distributor or dealer projects including sizing equipment, field troubleshooting, product commissioning, application development, and technical support for distributors and dealers.
- Edit and suggest revisions to applicable product service literature (i. e. wiring diagrams, installation manuals, service manuals, etc.).
- Author and develop service guides, service bulletins and training bulletins. Collaborate with the technical editor for final release to the field.
- Provide post event reports, research and development of training events.
- Modify marketing materials technical content to meet customer requirements.
- Develop and deploy product updates, cut sheets for sales personnel and technical training sessions.
What you need to Succeed
- Technical degree or technical training.
- 5 years of successful experience as a HVAC field service technician, ductless or VRF experience is a plus.
- High school degree or GED equivalent.
- Proven problem-solving skills with a passion for training and customer support.
- Developed computer skills including Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in a project oriented environment.
- Demonstrated self-starter that works independently without constant supervision.
- Foreign language skills in French or Mandarin Chinese is a plus.
- Ability to challenge status quo and drive for performance excellence.
- Prior experience developing and/or delivering technical training material.
- High-energy person with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Require 30-50% travel or more (depending on the season), primarily domestic but could require some occasional international travel to China or Canada.
- Occasionally participate in evening overseas conference calls with engineering team.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social