USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Mechanical Engineering Co-ops_Summer 2023
As a Mechanical Engineering Co-Op, you will have the opportunity to Imagine, Design, Build, & Learn! This role offers hands-on experience while working on challenging projects that contribute to the company’s growth! You will have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and partner with a mentor who will help set your specific goals, deliverables and expectations throughout your rotation.
What you will Do
The Summer 2023 Mechanical Engineering Co-Op rotation begins May 15, 2023 – August 11, 2023.
This position is located in Louisville, KY. Housing and relocation assistance is available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with your mentor to accomplish established goals that support the business and offer learning opportunity
- Complete innovative, technical assignments in areas such as New Product Introduction, Product Improvement, Modeling and Simulation, Advanced Development, Sourced Products, Software Development, or GEA’s own Micro-Factory, FirstBuild!
- Attend development and training sessions to enhance your technical knowledge and professional enhancement.
- Take part in networking and community volunteer projects.
- Optional events will be available both in and out of work. These include lunches, weekend activities, sports, and cookouts.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Software, Bio, or Chemical Engineering)
- December 2024 or later graduation date
- Cumulative GPA >=3.0 (out of 4.0)
- Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now, nor in the future, for this position.
- Ability to have two or more co-op rotations before graduation
- Related coursework
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Desire and ability to learn
- Passion for engineering
What you need to Succeed
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
GE Appliances offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.