USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Electrical Engineering Co-ops_Summer 2023
"GE Appliances, a Haier company, is more than a place to work. We imagine, design and build some of the world's best appliances. Our people strive to improve themselves, the company and the community—building challenging and rewarding careers along the way. We value diversity, teamwork, innovation and lean manufacturing. We work with some of the best people in the world who take pride in our products and thrive on challenges. More than a place to work, GE Appliances is a place of opportunity, a place to grow and a place to develop your career.
As a Technical Coop you will have the opportunity to Imagine, Design, Build, & Learn! This role offers hands-on experience while working on challenging projects that contribute to the company's growth! You will also have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business. Our program is designed as a mentoring opportunity where you are aligned with an individual assignment leader who will help set your specific goals, deliverables and expectations throughout your rotation."
What you will Do
The Summer 2023 Electrical Engineering Co-Op rotation begins May 15, 2023 – August 11, 2023.
This position is located in Louisville, KY. Housing and relocation assistance is available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with your assignment leader to accomplish established objectives and goals that support the business and also offer learning opportunity
- Complete innovative technical assignments in a variety of product areas including refrigeration, washer systems and cooking products. Latest technical assignments in electronic areas: PCB design, hardware design, hardware debugging
- Work on some of the newest innovations and equipment
- Inclusion in development and training opportunities to enhance the students' technical and professional development including, communication skills and resume writing
- Optional events will also be available both in and out of work. These include lunches, weekend activities, sports, and cookouts.
- Participate on committees with peers that offer opportunities to network with the leaders of the company. The committees perform many community service activities such as mentoring & tutoring elementary students.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Software, Bio, or Chemical Engineering)
- December 2024 or later graduation date
- Cumulative GPA >=3.0 (out of 4.0)
- Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now, nor in the future, for this position.
- Ability to have two or more co-op rotations before graduation
- Related coursework
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Desire and ability to learn
- Passion for engineering
What you need to Succeed
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
GE Appliances offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.