USA, Louisville, KY
USA, Atlanta, GA, USA, Indianapolis, IN, USA, Nashville, TN
Job Posting Title
Sr. Commodity Manager, Wire Harnesses - REMOTE
You will be responsible for the Commodity Business Plan/Strategy sourcing and year over year cost reductions within the wire harness area. This role will report directly to the Director of the Electronics Sourcing Team.
In this role, you should have significant experience and knowledge of wire harness assembly processes, value chain, and tier 2 component suppliers. As the Sr. Commodity Manager, you will drive supplier performance relative to cost, quality, delivery, and be responsible for strategic alignment with key stakeholders (Business Unit Leaders, Quality and Technology).
This position will be accountable for developing the commodity business plan for wire harnesses managing total spend of $100 Million. As the Sr. Commodity Manager, you will mentor and guide team members in the management of the harness supply chain.
What you will Do
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the commodity, including the technology, materials, negotiation, market, and competition.
- Define long term sourcing strategy for wire harnesses, including defining strategic suppliers and dual sourcing across multiple regions
- Driving material cost reduction through VA/VE activity with suppliers and technology
- Drive capacity planning with key manufacturers
- Develop and monitor effective supplier evaluation criteria
- Head up New Product Introduction (NPI) sourcing strategy and execution
- Maintain quarterly supplier business unit reviews
- Work collaboratively with global team to regulate effective global footprint/diversification of the supply base
- Steer annual cost reduction negotiations
- Collaborate with the engineering team to align on long term technical goals and incorporation of technology roadmaps into the category strategy/commodity business plan
- Ensure continuous supply to GE Appliances
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree, required, preferably in in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or Business, or related fields
- 10+ years of experience in procurement: electronics, wire harnesses, or similar components purchasing experience preferred
- Ability to conduct detailed data analytics of wire harness BOMs
- Understanding of value stream mapping
- Leading data driven negotiations
- Contract management and negotiations skills
- Experience in working with multi-cultural teams
- If you are remote, the travel requirements will entail that during the first three (3) months, you would need to travel in to our Louisville, KY headquarters every other week, and then after travel to Louisville, KY once per month
- 10% domestic and international travel, required per business needs
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.