Decatur, AL, United States
| ID: REQ-12781
USA, Decatur, AL
Job Posting Title
As a Process Improvement Engineer, you'll manage capital equipment and process effectiveness within a production area. Guide technical support, troubleshoot process issues and drives operational improvements, through effective problem solving and corrective action implementation, to continuously improve safety, quality, delivery, & cost. This role is located in Decatur, Alabama.
What you will Do
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own all capital equipment and tooling in the production area, from Engineering sign-off and forward.
- Serve as the primary troubleshooting resource for the process in the operations areas on the assigned shift.
- Lead control operators and maintenance technicians on equipment repair.
- Monitor and work to improve Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) in the area.
- Recommend equipment and tooling for existing process; consult and sign-off on new purchases when applicable.
- Responsible for and lead corrective action for Preventative Maintenance plans to ensure compliance and maximize equipment uptime.
- Own Total Preventive Maintenance activities for the area.
- Consult with Maintenance Leaders on the maintenance action item list and/or priorities for the area/shift.
- Monitor and ensure the calibration of all equipment.
- Manage and maintain special tools for the area (i.e. ensure spare tools are in crib, tool drawings in place, facilities hand-off).
- Provide feedback on equipment specifications based upon GE Appliances equipment standards and lessons learned.
- Engage in and lead problem-solving for assigned areas. Lead root cause identification of problems, implement appropriate countermeasures, and share across as best practices.
- Support the Operations Leaders in the planning and execution of continuous improvement method.
- Active participant in the development of the Manufacturing Control Plan and ensure it is adhered to within assigned areas.
- Maintain process-level standards/procedures.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders to quickly address, identify root cause and solve production line issues (i.e. Operations, Safety, Quality).
- Coordinate with Engineers on equipment purchases & qualification.
- Interact with Design Engineers/Technology organization on model changes for manufacturing line set up.
- Review product prototypes and concepts for manufacturability.
- Provide feedback to the NPI team on capacity, impact on operator and process stability/sustainability.
- Interface with vendors and OEM suppliers, along with Facilities Engineer, to learn maintenance requirements and equipment troubleshooting. Distribute information and knowledge.
- Support Operations Leaders by identifying and implementing safety-related corrective actions and improvements.
- Assist with action item completion for the area's safety action item list, including corrective actions from near misses, accident reports & ergo assessments.
- Update any inefficiencies in lock out tag out (LOTO) and attend annual training sessions.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical field with one year experience in manufacturing engineering, or equivalent education & experience.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting high volume manufacturing equipment.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering/Operations/Quality support roles or equivalent experience.
- Hands on and relevant robotics and controls experience with electrical automated manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Supply Chain Development Program.
- Knowledge of Appliances manufacturing processes.
- Experience in Controls, Preventive Maintenance, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatics and electrical.
- Prior experience in PLC, distributed I/O, and servo controls.
- Experience in lean manufacturing practices.
- Six Sigma certification.
- Project Management skills.
- Solid verbal/written communication skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills - high proficiency in Microsoft products with the ability to grasp new systems quickly.
- Strong project management and analytical/problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to scope and analyze cross-functional problems to generate/implement solutions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, based on business need (includes weekends).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment with both hourly and salary personnel to meet the needs of operators, the program and the business.
- High initiative, self-starter, proactive, dedicated, results oriented.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social