Occupational Health Registered Nurse
Decatur, AL, United States
| Human Resources
| ID: REQ-12956
USA, Decatur, AL
Job Posting Title
Occupational Health Registered Nurse
Collaborates with management and the environmental/safety staff to carry out the objectives of the occupational health/medical service as this supports the EH&S and HR functions, Plant Manager and plant as a whole.
What you will Do
- Provides initial assessment of on the job injuries & illnesses and refers for further evaluation as necessary.
- Provides direct care, including treatment of occupational injuries & illnesses using established medical protocols.
- Coordinates & provides for the appropriate care, treatment, and follow-up work-related health events based on knowledge of the specific work environment.
- Assesses non-occupational illnesses occurring at work, determines the need for immediacy of treatment and the need to seek care from personal health care providers.
- Provides counseling of employee mental health issues and appropriately refers to employees to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services.
- Provides health-related counseling for employees within the scope of nursing knowledge and practice.
- Performs health screenings / health assessments and completes all follow-up procedures, trending and program evaluation.
- Maintains & safeguards confidentiality of employee health information and health records.
- Conducts workplace assessments regarding employee health issues and exposure follow-up.
- Provides occupational health surveillance testing including pulmonary function testing, audiometric testing, vision screening, and other testing as appropriate on employees identified by EHS and industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Assists with implementation of health promotion strategies including group & individual health education activities.
- Coordinates and provides case management of all STD/SC, LTD and WC cases and follow-up through return to work, restricted duty, transitional work to regular duty. Utilizes web-based systems to report and manage all cases.
- Participates in safety, HR and other plant meetings relating to medical, health and wellness, plant healthcare costs, emergency response and other objectives.
- Provides site-specific programs (i.e. Health and Wellness Programs) as directed by leadership.
- Site-specific reporting/auditing (i.e.: GEA Scorecard, etc.).
- Collaborates with EHS to perform Health & Safety Framework element(s), Power audits as they relate to medical activities, and participate in corporate and business level conference calls and e-Learning sessions.
- Coordinates training and medical response drills for First Aid Responders: First Aid, CPR/AED and Bloodborne pathogens.
- Covid-19 response collaborating with team to manage exposures and positive cases for employees, contractors, customers, and visitors. Manages quarantine/isolation, as needed.
- Performs Contact Tracing and case management of the potential Covid-19 workplace exposure cases, including quarantine/isolation through to return-to-work, as needed.
- Collaborate with HR, Plant Operations and EHS to carry out Covid-19 exposure investigations providing support as needed through the identification of workplace exposures, contact tracing, return to work, etc.
- Support business goals, programs and processes through effective occupational health and medical service activities and efforts that align with GE Appliances values.
What you need to Succeed
- Baccalaureate (preferred) or Associate degree in nursing
- Certification in occupational health nursing preferred (COHN, COHN-S)
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of employment & practice
- Three (3) or more years nursing experience preferred
- Experience in occupational health, community health, ambulatory care, critical care, or emergency nursing preferred.
- Knowledge of case management, workers' compensation, and government (OSHA) regulations & additional education appropriate to the work setting, e.g. pulmonary function testing, hearing conservation (CAOHC)
- AED/CPR healthcare provider
Who We Are Looking For:
- Ability to maintain professional and friendly rapport with all levels of the workforce.
- Ability to make independent nursing judgements and solve problems.
- Customer service driven individual with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social