Louisville, KY, United States
| Manufacturing (Group)
| ID: REQ-12981
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
As a Material Planner you will manage the value stream from supplier to dock. You will own supply chain communication and hand-off to plant team to ensure no disruption to plant operations. You'll also work with material delivery operators to drive continuous improvement in material flow.
What you will Do
- Manage supply chain for a portfolio of suppliers to maintain product availability, 100% schedule achievement, and 0 schedule changes.
- Resolve supplier issues and develop cost effective strategies to minimize the impact of material availability issues. Develop supplier relationships to effectively respond to electronic scheduling.
- Ensure inventory quantities, shipping notices and receipts are accurate and supplier issues and inventory surplus/deficits are resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with quality team to ensure proper inventory coverage when parts are rejected from working inventory.
- Work closely with Receiving, Production Operations, Engineering, Quality and Material Handlers to provide designated/adequate storage space and facilities for all assigned commodities. Update part changes into the "plan for every part". Maximize the use of returnable containers to the fullest extent possible. Where returnable containers are not possible provide a cut free alternative.
- Develop and lead efforts to maintain accurate inventory records for all parts.
- Drive inventory reduction through improved material planning setups, supplier cycle reductions, transportation improvements, vendor managed inventory, etc.
- Support plant/product variable cost productivity initiatives including material cost out, supplier moves, high volume productivity, etc.
- Manage respective transportation and logistics costs to reduce inventory and drive year over year productivity.
- Provide detailed and comprehensive communication on any issues/changes for material flow operations.
What you need to Succeed
GE Appliances does not offer sponsorship now or in the future for this position.
- BS Engineering, BS Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Prior manufacturing experience.
- Strong systems capabilities.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer focus, high energy and aggressive approach to issues.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
- Six Sigma certification with experience in DMAIC, workout and other change mechanisms.
- Experience in a unionized manufacturing setting highly desired.
- Previous Materials experience.
- Oracle experience.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a customer oriented work team mindset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- SCDP graduate.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social