This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Human Resources Representative, Plant
Serves as the initial resource for employees and managers on Human Resource items, including benefit administration, Human Resources policies, union contract interpretation, recordkeeping, communications or any other Human Resources question or issue. Serves as a liaison between plant employees and central Human Resource operations teams and assists in the resolution of employee relations issues.
What you will Do
- Develop and maintain a steady connection to the “pulse” of the employees through a balanced plant floor presence; proactively address identified improvement opportunities.
- Provide Front line HR Support. Helping employees with general benefits or system questions (Workday, GEA Connect, Kronos, etc.).
- Develop and maintain a steady connection to the “pulse” of the employees through a balanced plant floor presence
- Maintain employee files, ensuring confidentiality which includes an electronic file transition from paper files and general maintenance of digital files.
- Schedule and assist with hourly job interviews and provide testing support during shift
- Responsible for New Hire onboarding preparation and engaging with new hires.
- Administrative support as required for printing, mailing, emailing security, and updating Workday regarding terminations
- Supporting and coordinating with day shift HR Generalists (planed engagement activities, events, etc.).
- Escalate issues and concerns to plant HR Business Partner or Sr. Human Resources Manager as needed.
- Partner with Engagement Associate HR Generalist to steer and/or coordinate employee engagement and training events, including roundtables and recognition activities.
- Maintain all employee records and files, as well as documentation related to the human resources management function, in accordance with federal, state and local regulations; ensure confidentiality and security of information.
- Provide back-up plant payroll support for issues and questions to include Kronos training for night shift management team
- Provide assistance to managers as needed. Helping them find information or “how to” guides (reasonable cause checklist, teams group files, community support, policy documents, and CBA).
- Assist employees with concerns by taking statements as needed
- Perform administrative duties, including answering the plant HR phone line and maintaining supplies necessary to support business operations.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
What you need to Succeed
- HR experience working in a manufacturing or manufacturing support environment working with HR processes, policies, and procedures.
- At least 2 years of exceptional computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Can interpret and communicate company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation.
- Highly detail oriented with an excellent work ethic and strong “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications.
- Excellent and highly effective interpersonal & communication skills.
- High level of customer focus with a strong track record in meeting customer needs.
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Must be willing and able to work 2nd or 3rd shift
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.