This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
HR Intern, Plastics Center of Excellence
GE Appliances, a Haier company is looking for highly motivated student with goals to pursue a career in Human Resources. Jumpstart your future in a role to gain a variety of experiences in Human Resources in one of the largest appliance manufacturers.
What you will Do
• Support a variety of tasks related to onboarding new hires, such as training, coordination of the agenda, document preparation, and other various tasks as assigned
• Support the manufacturing training center with schedule coordination and training compliance documentation
• Support projects related to driving improved retention and increased plant engagement • Support onboarding initiatives for the Supply Chain Co-op Program
• Create and operationalize a virtual Alumni Network to stay connected with previous Supply Chain co-ops • Assist in managing both electronic and hard copy HR documents, files, and records
• Provide support in other HR special projects, tasks, needs, and initiatives What you need to Succeed Qualification / Requirements
What you need to Succeed
- Pursing Bachelors or better in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- Candidate must be actively enrolled and be in good academic standing in an accredited school or university pursuing a degree in one of the above majors
- Cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0
- Able to work up to 40 hrs per week Monday thru Friday during typical business hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Due to the nature of this position, candidate must bel local to the Louisville, KY or surrounding area. This position is ineligible for housing & relocation benefits.
- Reliable transportation to and from work daily is required
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States both now and in the future; GE Appliances will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- General business / finance understanding
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.