USA, Louisville, KY
USA, Atlanta, GA, USA, Austin, TX, USA, Charlotte, NC, USA, Cincinnati, OH, USA, Cleveland, OH, USA, Columbus, OH, USA, Dallas, TX, USA, Grand Rapids, MI, USA, Houston, TX, USA, Indianapolis, IN, USA, Jacksonville, FL, USA, Kansas City, MO, USA, Lexington, KY, USA, Miami, FL, USA, Milwaukee, WI, USA, Minneapolis, MN, USA, Orlando, FL, USA, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Raleigh, NC, USA, St Louis, MO, USA, Tampa, FL
Job Posting Title
Android Mobile Software Developer - REMOTE
Join the GE Appliances Smart Home Solutions team and help develop Android applications for mobile devices and next generation of high end, consumer friendly, appliances. The Android Mobile Software Developer will contribute to an international team of developers working in an Agile development environment to define and develop feature rich applications for smart products. We provide learning opportunities, challenges, and support for our software engineers. Every day, we push ourselves to find innovative solutions, produce higher quality code, and deliver it on schedule.
What you will Do
- Design and develop advanced applications for the Android platform
- Develop and maintain software for Android applications.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Ensure Software Development Process is followed, and appropriate documentation produced
- Work in a cross-functional team to architect full end-to-end smart appliance solutions
- Develop detailed design and test specifications.
- Work closely with platform managers, product line design teams, industrial designers, and web teams to define new feature rich applications.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
What you need to Succeed
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering OR equivalent of at least 2 years of professional level experience (not including internships)
· 2 Years of professional Android Application Development
· Knowledge of Android Operating System fundamentals
· Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs (Application Program Interface) and mockups to build functional, high-performance Android applications
· Experience with formal software development process (such as Agile)
· Knowledge of Software Development Tools & software languages: Java and Kotlin
· Proficient in Android Studio
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools; git
· Familiarity with Continuous Integration
· Knowledge of responsive app design principles
· Android lifecycles using LiveData and Observer classes to create MVVM (Model View View Model) development patterns
· Proven project planning and project leadership skills and experience
· Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment
· Experience working with global software development team
· Exposure to using simulators and software analysis tools
· Familiarity with automation testing
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.